1st time @ new park = Ashamed

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2014 7:34 PM

Went to Railside skatepark , a huge outdoor with a massive bowl and alot of street jibs , with rails and a bank.

First time there with my friend Josh. He KILLED the park with feebles to smiths , double pegs, and that tech shit. For me , it took 5 minutes to consider doing a steup up- stair hop while he did it without thinking. And I took 10 minutes to railhop a tiny mid- fork height rail.

Anyways , kinda bummed. I overthink and get scared. Is this because I'm a pussy or just need to ride more? He's been biking longer (DJ , DH) since age 8 and I'm pretty new. Maybe 3 summers actually biking. I haven't been biking much , so hopefully my balls re-drop soon. Or was it the new park maybe?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2014 7:37 PM

I would assume it's just because you're not used to the park yet. First time riding new areas for me is always a bit weird. First time I rode the indoor park I've been going to lately, I hardly did anything because I was afraid the ramps would be slippery, or ledges/rails wouldn't slide.. After overcoming that fear though I was good to go within an hour or so.

Just cruise around for a bit, don't do tricks, but just get the feel of everything

|

2/1/2014 7:40 PM

Rail side is that in Vancouver?

|

2/1/2014 7:43 PM

It's probably the park, it's weird riding new spots for the first time. Also, do you have the coaster on now? If so how are you liking it?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/1/2014 7:50 PM

I would say the park. I went to a park for the first time today and kinda wimped out on most the stuff.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/1/2014 8:03 PM

Thanks guys. At my local I can pull FAT 3's , almost whip and do alot of lines , but this new park was mint and sooo sick. I got this nose bonk to manual a huge pad , a railhop , then a flyout sketchy 3 to railhop a tiny nosebonk/manual and barely got the stair step up. I felt awful ; I thought I was better than that. Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully it is just the new park. I was spooked the whole time.

@Eskimo Yes , it's in Port Qoquitlim (Surrey). It's a sick park , pretty big though , not pussy shit. Some jibs but the overall vibe personally was for experienced riders.

@bmxfromma Tomorrow ! I decide to be mature and pay in person then get it and pay my godfather back later. 280$ total with shipping and US exchage rates -___- But yes , tomorrow for sure. I'll cruise it if it's nice out hopefully and make a thread how it feels. Hopefully the cone nuts last.

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2014 8:08 PM

Nice man you ever check out Hastings bowl or bonsor? I spent a month In van a couple years ago so much to ride I deffinatly plan on going back maybe this summer for a while

|

2/1/2014 8:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Nice man you ever check out Hastings bowl or bonsor? I spent a month In van a couple years ago so much to ride I deffinatly plan on going back maybe this summer for a while

Not yet. No car man, only 16 , still no L yet. My friend likes cruising around , he has resources , I just stay local mainly. Plus my mom doesn't really see bmx as a huge thing.

Next time you're around , hit me up !

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2014 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 8:12 PM

Ya that'd be tight to ride with a fellow vital forum dude .....got a few buddy's from town who moved out there and I'm getting my liscence in the spring so probably hit van up once or twice this summer

|

2/1/2014 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 9:05 PM

Most likely it being a new park, I always feel proper sketched out when I ride something new, just get a feel for it first and then your confidence will come back.

fucking sucks in a new bowl where you don't know any of the lines yet, especially if its small & tight, I'm all over the place.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/1/2014 9:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 9:33 PM

parks sketch me out because there is too many people and somebody is always better than you

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/1/2014 9:46 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

parks sketch me out because there is too many people and somebody is always better than you

This. There was a skate competition, I dropped in at the same time as a skater, I was threatened with death, I said ok then, go ahead, he pulled out a gun, I saw the plastic orange cap in his pocket, smashed plastic gun, guy turned out to be high. The end. Another fallon skatepark pot head violence story from biggybuggy. (Based off real story)

|

2/1/2014 11:21 PM

You're just not used to it. I was like that with many parks. The one I visit the most often, for nearly a year I'd suck when I first got there and then I'd start getting used to it again after about an hour. The other one is like and indoor park except it's not actually indoor if that makes sense, and until a couple of months ago it took me half the session to get used to again.

|

2/1/2014 11:51 PM

No need to be ashamed. We all have days we don't ride well. Just keep riding and better days will come.

|

2/2/2014 2:16 AM

You just need to get more confortable in the park. Also the fact that he did dh shows that (in the cause that he wasnt a beginner) he has some balls.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/2/2014 6:54 AM

New parks always take a little "feeling out" where you start smaller and build up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2014 12:10 PM

This park was pretty big , both in size and amount of balls needed to ride it. There was some sponsored Macneil riders there doing some sick lines. Like backwards crooks , smith hard 180's on big ledges , etc.

I'm getting my freecoaster today tongue

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/2/2014 12:20 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

This park was pretty big , both in size and amount of balls needed to ride it. There was some sponsored Macneil riders there doing some sick lines. Like backwards crooks , smith hard 180's on big ledges , etc.

I thought that you have already got it. Its the demolition right?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/2/2014 12:44 PM

T-rider wrote:

I wanted to pay my godfather in person instead of receiving it and paying him later. Yes , with the Demolition hubguard laced to an Odyssey Quadrant. LHD So I'll slap some pegs on again hopefully. Praying the cone nuts last ! It's my girlfriends 16th Bday today. So I won't ride until tomorrow I think sad

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/2/2014 1:06 PM

LoonyClark wrote:

No need to be ashamed. We all have days we don't ride well. Just keep riding and better days will come.

Nooooooo not you!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/2/2014 1:17 PM

T-rider wrote:

I wanted to pay my godfather in person instead of receiving it and paying him later. Yes , with the Demolition hubguard laced to an Odyssey Quadrant. LHD So I'll slap some pegs on again hopefully. Praying the cone nuts last ! It's my girlfriends 16th Bday today. So I won't ride until tomorrow I think sad

I see. Let us know how does it hold, i am thinking on buying one if i ever sell my cult match.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER