1st time wheel build Finally done!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2018 4:20 AM

408gt91 wrote:

It's pretty easy once you understand the job of the spokes and the pattern. Truing is pretty straight forward. Almost everyone at the shop I work at can true. You can true your wheels in 10 minutes to keep em straight. Truing after lacing is the hardest part. Took me a couple hours each wheel. I'm a perfectionist lol
You should talk to someone local to teach you. It's really easy man.

Oh, I fondly remember the days when truing could take an hour or two. Enjoy it while it lasts(it won't) wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/21/2018 4:29 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

nice. I can't build wheels for shit so I just let mine get wobbly or pay my local shop to fix them lol

408gt91 wrote:

It's pretty easy once you understand the job of the spokes and the pattern. Truing is pretty straight forward. Almost everyone at the shop I work at can true. You can true your wheels in 10 minutes to keep em straight. Truing after lacing is the hardest part. Took me a couple hours each wheel. I'm a perfectionist lol

p1p1092 wrote:

Oh, I fondly remember the days when truing could take an hour or two. Enjoy it while it lasts(it won't) wink

I think that "truing lasting hours" is part inexperience, part perfectionist in all of us & part excitement. "...ooh.... I ALMOST have it perfect.... maybe just one little bit more here..... & one little turn there..... & one more here.... &..."

|

3/21/2018 5:16 AM

408gt91 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think that "truing lasting hours" is part inexperience, part perfectionist in all of us & part excitement. "...ooh.... I ALMOST have it perfect.... maybe just one little bit more here..... & one little turn there..... & one more here.... &..."

And just before it's completely done that one last nipple get rounded off...

|

Hmmm

3/21/2018 5:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2018 5:17 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

And just before it's completely done that one last nipple get rounded off...

You know it! That's how you know you are done!

|

3/21/2018 10:05 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I can usually get a wheel true within less than 0.08mm in about 6 minutes using a dial indicator. That's probably a little excessive though; even spoke tension is far more important.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/21/2018 11:03 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Lol that's so me, I was truing a buddies wheel, and I'm like, "Yo, come here I finished!' Then comes over and I was like, "Wait, give me second I've got it almost PERFECT!" I did that to him a couple times before he got his bike back lmaolaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/22/2018 2:38 PM

It took me so long because I'm a super perfectionist and I just wanted them straighter than. The tricky part was the weld on the Chrome

|