2.30 donnastreet tires or 2.40 donnasqueak tires

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2017 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2017 8:09 PM

my bikes already starting to get a little heavy for me at least and I want some good light tires and I was looking at buying the donna streets in 2.30 or the donna squeaks in 2.40 I ride street and a little park which should I get? The donna streets are lighter obviously but smaller will that affect me more, what should I get. If you have any other suggestions for tires that are light and those sizes and in between and squeak please let me know.

|

5/23/2017 8:17 PM

Get the donnastreets! The slightly smaller size won't make a difference. I've heard a lot of bad things about the donnasqueaks.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

5/23/2017 8:17 PM

If you want to lighten your bike go with 2.0 or 1.95 Kevlar foldable tires , lightening your bike with big tires is an oxymoron

|

5/23/2017 8:21 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Get the donnastreets! The slightly smaller size won't make a difference. I've heard a lot of bad things about the ...more

thx ill probably do that

|

5/23/2017 9:52 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you want to lighten your bike go with 2.0 or 1.95 Kevlar foldable tires , lightening your bike with big tires is an ...more

This. Plus if you want to save muh precious grams then I've heard some people put 18 inch tubes in their tires. I wouldn't do it but hey; your bike your call.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

5/24/2017 12:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2017 2:58 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Get the donnastreets! The slightly smaller size won't make a difference. I've heard a lot of bad things about the ...more

What did you heard bad about the donnasqueak ?
I ride this tyres since years and there are awesome, never got any slipping problems, holds up to my burly riding and are lights...

Then to answer to Dhornback, if you want to save weight, donnastreets are heavier than donnasqueaks.
~ 630 grams for 2.25" dsqueaks
~ 700 grams for 2.4" dsqueaks
~ 690 for 2.3" dstreets

My bet is the new dstreet tyres, have thicker sidewalls or something like that.

So a pair of 2.25" donnasqueaks seem to be your best option between those choices.

As eskimojay said if you really want super lightweight wheels, go for skinny foldables tyres but I don't think it would fit your riding plans, those tyres can't really handle rough street grinds.

|

5/24/2017 1:55 AM

If it's a lighter weight you're going for, KHE or Maxxis works well. That is, if you prefer ramps over rails...

About the Donnachie tires, though, they're pretty sick, definitely would run them if I rode street more often.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/15/2017 8:21 AM

I ordering both tomorrow 2.40 in the front and 2.30 in the back.

|

6/17/2017 4:58 AM

eskimojay wrote:

If you want to lighten your bike go with 2.0 or 1.95 Kevlar foldable tires , lightening your bike with big tires is an ...more

Exactly what I was thinking. Lol

|