2.45 Odyssey Aitken tire

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 2:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 3:54 PM

Anyone run this tire? My local has them. They look like they'll last a good while.. and they look like they'll look really grippy on any surface too...

Im assuming they'll be good becasue its an Odyssey product with Aitkens name on it lol

But yeah. Im just looking for opinions as my Primo Morrow tires are almost bald :/

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/28/2018 3:08 PM

Never tried em that size. But they're an awesome tyre. Good all rounder

|

8/28/2018 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 3:30 PM

I'm quite sure tyres are not intended to be "food".

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/28/2018 3:54 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'm quite sure tyres are not intended to be "food".

Fixed that lol

|

8/28/2018 3:55 PM

I've had like 4 sets of Aitkens, I have the 2.45 on atm. Good tire, better than the other lower PSI rated ones. However, the ole 2.25 K-lyte is the best I've had so far I think

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/28/2018 3:55 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Never tried em that size. But they're an awesome tyre. Good all rounder

They look like a good tire... i think im going to go for them...

|

8/28/2018 3:57 PM

Spenlard wrote:

I've had like 4 sets of Aitkens, I have the 2.45 on atm. Good tire, better than the other lower PSI rated ones. However, the ...more

Do they feel good? I run about 50-65 psi in my tires...

|

8/28/2018 6:15 PM

I dont see how anyone could ride tires that big haha but I'm sure they're durable.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/28/2018 7:05 PM

Four wrote:

I dont see how anyone could ride tires that big haha but I'm sure they're durable.

i tried 2.3s recently and couldn't do it lol. went back to my 1.75 frequency g's lol

but Jake, Aitken anything is good. buy it!

|

It’s all bmx

8/28/2018 7:09 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

i tried 2.3s recently and couldn't do it lol. went back to my 1.75 frequency g's lol

but Jake, Aitken anything is good. buy ...more

Sweet! Im going to buy em. Probably head up there this Saturday to pick them up...

|

8/28/2018 7:11 PM

Four wrote:

I like em lol. For what i do fat tires work for me. Pretty much just like to jib around and have fun doing hop tricks and curb sessions lol

|

8/28/2018 7:17 PM

Four wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Sweet! Im going to buy em. Probably head up there this Saturday to pick them up...

orp?

|

It’s all bmx

8/28/2018 7:39 PM

Four wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Yeah haha I had the 2.35 eclats and sold them they were just too big. 2.1 is my favorite so far probably

|

8/28/2018 7:40 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I like em lol. For what i do fat tires work for me. Pretty much just like to jib around and have fun doing hop tricks and curb ...more

That's pretty much my style too haha. It just felt so strange like it ruined my pop. Big bars and tires seem to do that for me.

|

8/28/2018 9:59 PM

I had some aitkens. I sold them but they were great for almost any surface. They felt heavy though, thats pretty much the only thing I didnt like about them.

|

8/29/2018 3:34 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

orp?

Bikeland lol

The one im not a huge fan of lol. But they are hiring some better peeps and carrying more BMX stuff so maybe i might go there more?

|

8/29/2018 4:16 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I had some aitkens. I sold them but they were great for almost any surface. They felt heavy though, thats pretty much the only ...more

Yeah they do seem like theyll be heavy...

I guess ill just get used to it lol. Probably wont help me with learning hop 3s but oh whalesilly

|

8/29/2018 5:51 AM

Four wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Four wrote:

Yeah haha I had the 2.35 eclats and sold them they were just too big. 2.1 is my favorite so far probably

1.95-2.1 is the best size window for me.

|

It’s all bmx

8/29/2018 6:34 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I had some aitkens. I sold them but they were great for almost any surface. They felt heavy though, thats pretty much the only ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I guess ill just get used to it lol. Probably wont help me with learning hop 3s but ...more

The smaller 2.25 aitkens inflate to like 2.3 or 2.4 at 60-80psi. I never measured them properly but they always were wider than my other advertised 2.4 tires.

Id still go the bigger route if you can fit them though.

Im actually on the market for a kevlar bead 2.4 or bigger. The donnastreets seem to be my best option but im still looking. They make an Eclat Mirage 2.45 now but its sold out everywhere and I dont know If I trust their measurements anymore.

I measured my 2.35 mirage at 70psi and it was 2.28". Im sure it would grow a bit at its rated 110 psi but that feels horrible riding street with that much psi.

I measured my dugan 2.4"s UNINFLATED at 2.42...lol

Companies need to disclose what psi they used to get their measurement.

|

8/29/2018 6:42 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

The smaller 2.25 aitkens inflate to like 2.3 or 2.4 at 60-80psi. I never measured them properly but they always were wider ...more

Well damn. I didn't realize there were that many inconsistencies!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 7:58 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

The smaller 2.25 aitkens inflate to like 2.3 or 2.4 at 60-80psi. I never measured them properly but they always were wider ...more

Yeah. My tires now are supposed to inflate to 2.5 so if those clear hopefully the Aitkens will...

|

8/29/2018 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 8:07 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I guess ill just get used to it lol. Probably wont help me with learning hop 3s but ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well damn. I didn't realize there were that many inconsistencies!

You know danscomp is maybe not the best for ordering but the info they provide on their products is awesome! They even list things like inflated diameter, inflated width and you can search by size. Not just with tires their website is super detailed.

|

8/29/2018 8:21 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

You know danscomp is maybe not the best for ordering but the info they provide on their products is awesome! They even list ...more

Yeah thats all i use Dans for lol.

They just dont have the Aitken tireunsure

|

8/29/2018 10:02 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I have the donnastreets, they have been good so far.
I've washed out a few times but that was only because I painted my front tyre pink.

|

Hmmm

8/29/2018 11:22 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I've washed out a few times but that was only because I painted my front ...more

Lol, painted the tire? XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/29/2018 12:02 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I've washed out a few times but that was only because I painted my front ...more

readybmxer wrote:

Lol, painted the tire? XD

Yeah made it nice and pink, was just messing around at my mates house and painted it

|

Hmmm

8/29/2018 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 12:17 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Please send me your tires so they can have a good home free of abuse.

|

8/29/2018 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 2:09 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I bet you vaccinate your tyres as well and haven't even considered homeschooling for them.
Stay woketh sheeple

|

Hmmm

8/29/2018 2:20 PM

Edman123 wrote:

I bet you vaccinate your tyres as well and haven't even considered homeschooling for them.
Stay woketh sheeple

I'm going to let our Mother Earth educate my tires. I don't need some fascist structure brainwashing them into some twisted binary gender world.

|

8/29/2018 11:55 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Stay woketh sheeple

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'm going to let our Mother Earth educate my tires. I don't need some fascist structure brainwashing them into some twisted ...more

On a serious note,
Measles is coming back.
About 200 kids in Portland have it since they weren't vaccinated

|

Hmmm