2.5 crankset arm

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2015 6:45 PM

So.... I have them and the crankarm won't slide onto the spindle! Ok yes we can beat them on but why does my crankarm from my other set slide on no problem?

|

9/28/2015 7:36 PM

idk man i had the same problem, bought a pair of subrosa bitchins secondhand from a friend. they were pretty rusted so I just soaked them in wd/40 and greased the shit out of them, slid right on after that

|

9/28/2015 7:41 PM

Ok well the thing is they are supposedly new redline G6s in the package and everything I did see some rust though??? The other crazy thing is that my 8 year old stolen team cranks slide on with no problem rusty crusty and everything?

|

9/28/2015 8:22 PM

Are any of the splines bent? I have no clue what I'm talking about I'm just throwing ideas out there.

|

9/28/2015 8:26 PM

The G6 cranks are just tight as fuck. I had those too, i have no idea why, use grease and a really good crank installer.

I ordered the G7 cranks recently so we will see if those are much better with that problem.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/29/2015 4:28 AM

It's because they're new. All 48 spline cranks fight to go together the first few times. Nothing is worn/broken in yet. In time it will get easier to install although that is not necessarily what you want

|

I'm on the vital legit list!