2-Piece and 4-Piece Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2015 6:40 PM

Hey, all first post here!

I have been riding 2 piece bars for a while and was looking at getting some 4 piece bars and was wondering what the difference was between them both?

Thanks!

|

3/27/2015 6:42 PM

nothing just looks honestly and 4pc tend to have different geometry

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/27/2015 6:48 PM

ah ok thanks for that. really wasn't sure if there was a difference or not aha.

|

3/27/2015 7:39 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

nothing just looks honestly and 4pc tend to have different geometry

Nothing but different geometry? How is that nothing? Stop giving "advice" if you don't know what you're talking about.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

3/27/2015 7:45 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Nothing but different geometry? How is that nothing? Stop giving "advice" if you don't know what you're talking about.

Lolol this.

4pc bars generally have more upsweep in the 4° or 5° area, and I've HEARD that 4pc bars do feel a bit stiffer but can't really confirm that myself.

|

3/27/2015 8:06 PM

I have ridden both. Personally your set up has a bit to do with it. If you have a Sunday frame, i never feel that four piecers look right with it. Kinda throws it off for some reason.

Number one reason people have them is because of how they look. Some of them actually have a pretty sick look. Bob bars, Big fours and the new Make bars are the best looking. Benny bars look sick, Bone Deth bars are sweet too. Most of them do look amazing. I'm not a big fan of the Deco Genius bars just because they're kinda too flatland looking for street rides. Little funky but not too bad.

Number two is stiffness! I did notice a huge change in how it feels when i rode the Big fours. I got them as a gift from this kid (not a clue why, he just went and bought me chrome big fours) and that first day i remember thinking, damn these things feel nuts on big spins. Like if you're familiar with how 48 wheels feel compared to 36 holes. It's like that. They feel stiffer for sure. And Big Fours are kinda light too so thats a plus. I didn't like the geo too much and couldn't be bothered to cut them tbh. I'm sure if i cut them from the 28.5 to like 27ish it'd feel awesome. I don't like the 5 degrees up that much and they feel too much for me. 8.25 is also way too low. They do kinda make you feel like Scerbo, so there's that. I gave them to my brother and he loves them.

The geo does tend to have higher upsweep.

Some argue the strength is also better but i don't agree. They're about the same really. i have seen as many snapped 4 piecers as 2 piecers.

I got Tree Moto bars which are awesome 2 piece bars. I seriously love these, unless I break them somehow, i won't be using another bar. Except maybe the Sequoia bar by them, which has sexier bends and are lighter for some reason. They honestly are a bit of a flex chicken, but i still trust them. My GY3's are really stiff though for 2 piece bars. Then again they're also pretty heavy in comparison to the Trees. I don't like a crazy stiff bar just because of the way it feels on bigger drops.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/28/2015 6:27 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lolol this.

4pc bars generally have more upsweep in the 4° or 5° area, and I've HEARD that 4pc bars do feel a bit stiffer but can't really confirm that myself.

This

4 piece bars tend to have more upsweep and less backsweep. But with the wide variety of bars these days you can find the specs you prefer in both 2 and 4 piece.

|

3/29/2015 12:49 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I have ridden both. Personally your set up has a bit to do with it. If you have a Sunday frame, i never feel that four piecers look right with it. Kinda throws it off for some reason.

Number one reason people have them is because of how they look. Some of them actually have a pretty sick look. Bob bars, Big fours and the new Make bars are the best looking. Benny bars look sick, Bone Deth bars are sweet too. Most of them do look amazing. I'm not a big fan of the Deco Genius bars just because they're kinda too flatland looking for street rides. Little funky but not too bad.

Number two is stiffness! I did notice a huge change in how it feels when i rode the Big fours. I got them as a gift from this kid (not a clue why, he just went and bought me chrome big fours) and that first day i remember thinking, damn these things feel nuts on big spins. Like if you're familiar with how 48 wheels feel compared to 36 holes. It's like that. They feel stiffer for sure. And Big Fours are kinda light too so thats a plus. I didn't like the geo too much and couldn't be bothered to cut them tbh. I'm sure if i cut them from the 28.5 to like 27ish it'd feel awesome. I don't like the 5 degrees up that much and they feel too much for me. 8.25 is also way too low. They do kinda make you feel like Scerbo, so there's that. I gave them to my brother and he loves them.

The geo does tend to have higher upsweep.

Some argue the strength is also better but i don't agree. They're about the same really. i have seen as many snapped 4 piecers as 2 piecers.

I got Tree Moto bars which are awesome 2 piece bars. I seriously love these, unless I break them somehow, i won't be using another bar. Except maybe the Sequoia bar by them, which has sexier bends and are lighter for some reason. They honestly are a bit of a flex chicken, but i still trust them. My GY3's are really stiff though for 2 piece bars. Then again they're also pretty heavy in comparison to the Trees. I don't like a crazy stiff bar just because of the way it feels on bigger drops.

thanks for the advice maximus really helped!

|