2 Short or What ?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2018 10:14 PM

Instead of a Doomsayer frame I'm considering a Cult 2 short . As the name implies, 12.5 rear end which I'd be running it at , and a 20.5 TT . Going from 13" and 21" , should be interesting .

Was also hoping to see if anyone knows about Cryptic BMX. Found a frame on the Source for super cheap, about 280$ CAD before shipping and taxes . It has a 12.5 backend and and also comes in 20.5. Little bit different BB height and a slow stand over, but I'd probably save 150 bucks on it , what are your thoughts? Never heard of them, seems cool though .

Photo
Photo
Photo
Both my buddies have Cult frames , one a Crew and the other a Ricany Short . I'm leaning to the Cult as the Cryptic has welded dropouts and I'd probably fuck it up in a year or so

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/4/2018 11:49 PM

Interesting looking one from Cryptic. I kinda want it myself now, lol.

I mean, Cult definitely would be more reputable just based off popularity, but they both look relatively equal in quality.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/5/2018 6:38 AM

I'd go with the Cult... the extra $150 is probably worth it...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/5/2018 6:49 AM

Check out Gypsy Bikes on instagram. Best deal going if you want a tech street frame.

|

8/5/2018 10:11 AM

A guy at my local rides a cryptic and airs really high. It should be alright

|

Hmmm

8/5/2018 4:06 PM

Shipping for the Cryptic is beyond retarded even with it being from EU . So it's a no go from me .

I'm all over the place , but a Battleship in 20.5 sounds fun . 12.7 slammed ack end , the hydroformed gussets and it being WTP makes it pretty desirable . Probably has better technology compared to Cult as well

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/5/2018 4:11 PM

I want to say the 2 Short but not the Panza colorway. Fuck that kid. LOL.

I know nothing about Cryptic so I can't judge them. But the 2 Short is a great frame. Just hate that the Panza color is the only one available right now.

|

8/5/2018 5:18 PM

the low standover on the cryptic is telling me its a park frame since those are the only ones that have low standover these days. sounds like youre looking more for a street frame so out of these id go with cult

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/7/2018 11:52 AM

Helijames wrote:

Check out Gypsy Bikes on instagram. Best deal going if you want a tech street frame.

When I hear gypsy, I think FBM gypsy...

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/7/2018 11:55 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

the low standover on the cryptic is telling me its a park frame since those are the only ones that have low standover these days. sounds like youre looking more for a street frame so out of these id go with cult

Flatland is even lower. I find it funny that s&m’s only park frame, the dagger, is even more commonly used as a flatland frame than its flatland specific frame, the intrikat, since you basically can use the dagger for both a flat build and a park build(you can also incorporate some street in the flat build with this frame).

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican