2 piece or 4 piece Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2020 8:07 AM

Finally getting a bike build this weekend. What bars do you guys prefer and what are the pro and cons between the two bars? That’s the final thing I’m trying to decide.

|

8/21/2020 8:15 AM

8pc bars

|

It’s all bmx

8/21/2020 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2020 10:03 AM

2 pc are usually lighter but provide a bit more flex.
4 pc are heavier but more rigid and dare I say...more street.

So you gotta ask yourself...

"How street am I?" Then and only then will the answer reveal itself to you.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/21/2020 10:10 AM

I always figured it came down to style. Nice bars with thick tubing will be stiffer than cheap bars. Pick your color size and style, I prefer 2 piece cause they look less loud to me

|

8/21/2020 10:47 AM

Solely based on looks?...4 piece.

|

8/21/2020 10:56 AM

Some 4 piece bars look good some look very ugly imo

|

8/21/2020 11:01 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

2 pc are usually lighter but provide a bit more flex.
4 pc are heavier but more rigid and dare I say...more street.

So you gotta ask yourself...

"How street am I?" Then and only then will the answer reveal itself to you.

I'm hood af but only a lil street, I guess.

You are prophetic.

|

8/21/2020 11:20 AM

keen8 wrote:

Finally getting a bike build this weekend. What bars do you guys prefer and what are the pro and cons between the two bars? That’s the final thing I’m trying to decide.

I think it's more about the rise, backsweep and upsweep feel that dictates the feel than whether you have 2 or 4 piece. That's my experience based on having both 2 and 4 piece

|

8/21/2020 12:39 PM

Just pick whichever aesthetic you like better, there may be differences in strength/flex, but nothing's really a deal-breaker between the two if you ask me.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/21/2020 1:13 PM

Get 4pc and join the street lords, brethren

|

8/21/2020 1:25 PM

I'll always use 2 piece prefer the look, never liked the look of 4. Each to their own.

|

8/21/2020 2:20 PM

ran two piece for the longest time... but today got some 4pc bars to get a more 'street' feeling from my bike. as long as the bars are made from 4130crmo you'll be fine.

|

8/24/2020 9:21 AM

4 Piece bars are like fat chicks.

|

Husky Nation Member

8/24/2020 9:35 AM

cky199 wrote:

Some 4 piece bars look good some look very ugly imo

4Piece tend to only look good if the mailbox in them is small imo

Wide ass mailboxes like Volume maddogs are fucking disgusting

|

Come back with a warrant.

8/24/2020 9:36 AM

I run a brake and am dirt in my heart even though I primarily ride parks now, so 2 piece for me and I think 4 piece are ugly overall.

|

8/24/2020 9:44 AM

Fuck it order custom bars and get them 3 piece

|

8/24/2020 11:37 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

Fuck it order custom bars and get them 3 piece

Photo
|

It’s all bmx

8/24/2020 12:27 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Fuck it order custom bars and get them 3 piece

adamnmexican wrote: Photo

3 piece bars 6 bolt stem.. yeah that’s cool as hell

|

8/25/2020 6:59 AM

Undesemin wrote:

Get 4pc and join the street lords, brethren

Unless you watch videos from like 5+ years ago, then it was 2 piece for almost all of BMX.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2020 8:13 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

4 Piece bars are like fat chicks.

Meaning they give some of the best head.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/26/2020 8:21 AM

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

4Piece tend to only look good if the mailbox in them is small imo

Wide ass mailboxes like Volume maddogs are fucking disgusting

Not a fan of these monstrosities I take it?
Photo

|

8/26/2020 10:01 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Not a fan of these monstrosities I take it?
Photo

I think if i had to choose, the largest I'd go is the mailbox on the Fubars, but I definitely prefer the bobs bars. Just looks super clean and strong imo

|

Come back with a warrant.

8/26/2020 2:07 PM

I prefer 4 piece but ride 2 piece

|

8/26/2020 4:56 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Not a fan of these monstrosities I take it?
Photo

Gross. And the Volume Mad Dogs are putrid too.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

8/26/2020 5:12 PM

I need to start making bars. You ain't hood, you trunk biotch

|

8/27/2020 6:26 AM

much agreement on the bob style 4pc bars, would run some myself if i had the money, but am on united supreme 4pc bars which are literally just bob bars but half the price.

|