20 x 1.95 tube in 20 x 2.30 tire?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2015 5:43 PM

I popped my tire yesterday, they are 20 x 2.30 and i have a tube for a 20 x 1.95 tire lying around. I was wondering if i could use the tub for my 20 x 2.30 tire or do i need to buy a specific one for my tire. Is it to small?

|

7/28/2015 5:48 PM

the tube will expand more then what the box says, i've blown up bmx tubes to be nearly 3 or 4 inches wide when not in the tire. it'll fit.

just know its gonna put more stress on the tube when your riding it so try not to max your psi, but if your around 80 or lower you should be fine.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/28/2015 5:51 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

the tube will expand more then what the box says, i've blown up bmx tubes to be nearly 3 or 4 inches wide when not in the tire. it'll fit.

just know its gonna put more stress on the tube when your riding it so try not to max your psi, but if your around 80 or lower you should be fine.

will it pop faster? or will i be good with it?

|

7/28/2015 6:36 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

dharma_bum wrote:

yeah it will be more pron to bursting on impact then the proper size tube, but it will work if your in a pinch, like riding home and u blow and a store with tubes is like 10 feet to your left...

you should check out the heavy duty tubes if your busting tubes allot the thicker tubes though heavier will be stronger. or if your riding street, get some kevlar belts for your tires tacks suck.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/28/2015 8:53 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

dharma_bum wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

yeah it will be more pron to bursting on impact then the proper size tube, but it will work if your in a pinch, like riding home and u blow and a store with tubes is like 10 feet to your left...

you should check out the heavy duty tubes if your busting tubes allot the thicker tubes though heavier will be stronger. or if your riding street, get some kevlar belts for your tires tacks suck.

thanks for the help man, i ended up putting the tub in the tire and it works. But ill hopefully be able to invest in a proper tube size soon.

|

7/28/2015 8:57 PM

It will work just pump your tires up high you get less flats that way

|

7/28/2015 9:29 PM

it might blow up. if it does.

you would probably lose your left leg

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

7/29/2015 3:13 AM

I've got the same thing.

Been running it for a long time now (3 months).

I've got no problems whatsoever. Yet.

Going to try my hand at riding some street 2morro with sum parkour mates, and will have to get the pressure up... Hope it doesn't blow...

Run ''low'' pressures btw. I'm planning to run 30 psi.

You'll be good man.

Until it pops next year (depends how you ride tho).

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

7/29/2015 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2015 4:46 AM

Really 30psi? I guess if you're like 80lbs soaking wet.

I've been running 16x1.75 on my 20" for years and other than having to check the pressure every couple of weeks cause they lose air a faster than normal, I haven't had any problems. It saves a few ounces of rotating weight (where it matters most) and costs you nothing... I run 70-80psi and weigh 215lb btw.

|

7/29/2015 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2015 11:16 AM

30 psi , that's fucking retarded , have fun ruining your rims and having no speed or stability with that

|

7/29/2015 11:41 AM

eskimojay wrote:

30 psi , that's fucking retarded , have fun ruining your rims and having no speed or stability with that

.^

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

7/30/2015 7:53 AM

eskimojay wrote:

cro tec wrote:

.^

With my 2.25 I was hitting my rim. Sometimes.

With my 2.3, I am not AT ALL. And today i went to try street too with sum parkour mates. I had fun "ruining" my rim.

I want a landing to be soft, I don't want the bike to redirect and channel the jarring forces into my body, i want it to absorb them. I don't want my tires to be basketballs.

I do have speed with them, and stability is even better as you have a bigger footprint on the ground. It's draggy but that's only it, really.

Grow up, man, not because I am different means that I am a retard. If that was true, I would be retarded and you would be fucking retarded. Makes all the difference smile and again, no offense at all smile

It's all down to riding style. I'm smoother and flow much more, so that could be it.

But I could feel it absorb quite well on some hard landings today from a 5 set. Tires sucked the vertical up quite well.

Good day to you.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

7/30/2015 8:57 AM

If I ran 30 psi my rims would get smashed into the pavement dropping off a curb and I run 2.1s , I'm guessing we have 2 different opinions on what speed is

|

7/30/2015 8:21 PM

wow, 65 feels like a fucking dog to me, 30 sounds crazy

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/30/2015 10:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If I ran 30 psi my rims would get smashed into the pavement dropping off a curb and I run 2.1s , I'm guessing we have 2 different opinions on what speed is

^And probably break your wrists and ankles too from bottoming out.

If I ran 30psi, I ride my bike to the nearest pump and inflate the things back to 80. You know, so I wouldn't have my tire fold over in corners, pop tires every time I land, and get chip bones.

It's because I'm fat.

|