2004 gt power series 24

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2018 11:18 PM

I'm purchasing this bike from a kid for $50. It's in excellent condition and weighs about 25lbs. I'm about 5'10" at 40 yrs old, so figured a 24" bmx would be fine for me. He was taking it to one last race that he finished over the weekend. I asked why he was selling for that price and he said because he has other racing bikes but the main reason was cuz he wanted to build an expensive bike for someone to use at a low cost. The rims I know he changed out to PowerMoto FMF. So the question, am I getting a good deal? I pick it up on the 30th of this month.

|

3/15/2018 5:55 AM

Wayne_Betz wrote:

I'm purchasing this bike from a kid for $50. It's in excellent condition and weighs about 25lbs. I'm about 5'10" at 40 yrs ...more

Well, that depends on what you plan on doing with it. Are you planning of just cruising around or are you planning on riding street, parks, etc...? It's an aluminum framed bike so it isn't really a street bike. Yeah, it can be jumped, maybe on trails, etc... but it wasn't designed for that. It was designed as a race bike. Also, GT isn't the bike company that it once was. So, $50 seems like a good deal. It seems you could part it out & make the $50 back if you ever wanted to (depending on condition of parts & what they are, etc...). Lastly, be wary of stolen goods.

|

3/15/2018 11:09 AM

No I don't plan on doing any jumps, cept maybe over curbs, or 180, 360 or manual. Basically be used for just riding around town. I'm always wary of stolen goods. He has two other gt and plans to get a 29er cruiser. The only other place I found that even carries this bike is sold out. I couldn't find ANYTHING online about it so I was hoping that's a good thing in another 16 yrs when its considered vintage lol. As soon as I get it, I'll post pics. Don't plan to part it out. Plan to use it.

|

3/15/2018 11:17 AM

Wayne_Betz wrote:

No I don't plan on doing any jumps, cept maybe over curbs, or 180, 360 or manual. Basically be used for just riding around ...more

Not sure of your skill level but if you aren't already adept at 180's/360's, you might want to use something else to learn on. Only because aluminum isn't as forgiving when it comes to the rear triangle and side load "impacts" such as those that could be applied when learning 180's/360's (landing half-assed, etc...).

|

3/15/2018 3:54 PM

Lol, I would be learning. I've simply decided to take it to the dirt track here in Jacksonville and get in to 24" bmx cruiser racing.

|

3/15/2018 3:54 PM

Thanks for the advice and insight!

|