2004 mongose hoop d

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2014 5:25 PM

ok ok ok...i know i put a post not too long ago about my mongoose but i started to investigate further into my bmx and saw that it is a 2004 mongoose hoop d team issue and saw that it weighs 34-37 lbs..i have been practicing on the bike until i can buy a new chromoly frame and can only bunnyhop very few inches and i think im doing it right but i also think the bike is just too heavy to do any tricks on it sad and another question.My rims are 20 inches and really cant do a wheelie do i need smaller wheels for a lower center of gravity or thinner tires or that doesnt matter?the bike u see in the profile pic is the mongoose

|

8/2/2014 5:36 PM

It's not too heavy for tricks. Watch some videos from around 2004, their bikes were the same weight. Practice and LOTS OF IT is the best thing you can do.

Just practice, and keep at it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/2/2014 5:53 PM

ok ima keep at it until i get a new frame smile im only 15 and very skinny so i need a light chromoly frame,do you think saving this bike might be a classic after 10 years or so?

|

8/2/2014 10:16 PM

only 37? thats not much

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/2/2014 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2014 10:24 PM

I think i know what the problem is....

When you hop, are you bringing both wheels off the ground at the same time or the front, followed by the rear?

also, wheelies, and manuals are allot harder then they look, they take allot of time. practice.
Photo

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/3/2014 5:43 AM

yea i raise both at the same time becouse i cant do what you said,lift up the front then followed by the back.
i can lift up the front just fine but i cant lift the back sad and the wheelies well i lift up the front and try to lean back while i do it but the weight wins me

|

8/3/2014 5:49 AM

try pulling up the front then the rear. this will help you with alot of things.

|

i ride to stay young

8/3/2014 8:33 AM

mrwaffles98 wrote:

yea i raise both at the same time becouse i cant do what you said,lift up the front then followed by the back.
i can lift up ...more

okay, so, whats happening is, your doing the motions right, but your doing them all at the exact same time, try slowing it down, or go to a bmx track and practice pumping, its the same movements, only your'll be forced to slow it down, that can also help with your manuals.

is your bike used? what kind of pedals does it have on it? you'll also want flat bottom shoes. it'll help you with the scoop, and make sure your bars are in the right spot.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/3/2014 10:37 AM

Don't get a new frame for that bike. It would be a huge waste of money.

Ride that bike, have fun and learn the basics. While you're at it save up some cash.

For the price of a new frame, you're way better off with a new entry level complete. It will be a much better bike than that bike could become even with a new frame.

PS you'd also have to replace the crank set, because a new frame would have a Mid BB that will not work with a one piece crank.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

8/3/2014 10:45 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Don't get a new frame for that bike. It would be a huge waste of money.

Ride that bike, have fun and learn the basics. While ...more

exactly this.. buy a lower end complete after you learn the basics

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

8/4/2014 12:10 PM

mrwaffles98 wrote:

i can lift up ...more

dkTechEthan wrote:

okay, so, whats happening is, your doing the motions right, but your doing them all at the exact same time, try slowing it ...more

no im the only owner of this bike and it has flat pedals with some little points on it, i used some kick style shoes when i ride my bike ..and i had a little problem a few days ago with my bike.. i wanted to take it on the bus so i had to take off the fork off it and carry it but now i dont know exactly how the spacing and the bearings and all of that stuff go in order sad and now my bike has a stiff steering and its harder

|

8/5/2014 11:06 AM

Look up how to adjust the headset on youtube. Im sure there is a video there. You have it too tight right now.

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264