2015 Brand of the Year?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2015 10:42 AM

We don't do any sort of award for this, but it's something I've thought about for a while. Within BMX, who was the brand of the year in 2015?

Consider everything - videos, products, team, etc.

Who's your pick?

|

12/16/2015 10:55 AM

Stranger

/thread

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/16/2015 11:04 AM

one try kid wrote:

Stranger

/thread

Crazy that all of that madness has taken place in the last 2.5 months...

|

12/16/2015 11:04 AM

I can't even say, I'm so out of the loop.. Maybe Animal for originality.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/16/2015 11:24 AM

Fbm. Every year

|

12/16/2015 11:28 AM

Hyper easily

|

12/16/2015 11:32 AM

Tony hawk bikes

|

fack off

12/16/2015 11:49 AM

Animal. Or maybe stress, they seem pretty cool.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2015 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2015 12:01 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Animal. Or maybe stress, they seem pretty cool.

You're the second person to say Animal. Any reason why? Minus the Animal House video project - which was really cool - I felt like they were relatively silent all year.

|

12/16/2015 12:06 PM

So many good video this year! I dont know if you can put Animal for product this year, but i agree for the last movie they rock the shit. Not much new product from animal.... maybe 2016 if the website is done one day....

|

12/16/2015 12:08 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

So many good video this year! I dont know if you can put Animal for product this year, but i agree for the last movie they rock the shit. Not much new product from animal.... maybe 2016 if the website is done one day....

Yeah. I know there were some changes at the brand behind-the-scenes and I figured 2016 would be their big comeback year. That's why I was pretty surprised to see people mentioning them already. The last video was great, but hardly enough to warrant the label of "brand of the year."

|

12/16/2015 12:10 PM

T1

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

12/16/2015 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2015 12:17 PM

Maybe BSD with redbull Kaleidoscope and the great team they have. Good parts too... Not sure i can say they are the 2015 compagnie. Odyssey juste drop a new movie, but what new product they have?!

|

12/16/2015 12:21 PM

Hyper? for real? not sure they sell good product....

|

12/16/2015 12:32 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Animal. Or maybe stress, they seem pretty cool.

kylecarlson wrote:

You're the second person to say Animal. Any reason why? Minus the Animal House video project - which was really cool - I felt like they were relatively silent all year.

They came back. Everyone thought they were gone.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2015 12:44 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Animal. Or maybe stress, they seem pretty cool.

kylecarlson wrote:

You're the second person to say Animal. Any reason why? Minus the Animal House video project - which was really cool - I felt like they were relatively silent all year.

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

They came back. Everyone thought they were gone.

they came back, yes but i dont see any new product animal in 2015....

|

12/16/2015 1:18 PM

Lairdframe
T-1
FBM

in no particular order

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



12/16/2015 1:30 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Lairdframe
T-1
FBM

in no particular order

ok i know you have a lairdframe, hes an artist at work, but come on he's not a compagnie.... who's spons from him?

|

12/16/2015 1:32 PM

There is no brand of the year. It was just bullshit high school drama and every company only followed trends without doing anything special.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/16/2015 1:33 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

ok i know you have a lairdframe, hes an artist at work, but come on he's not a compagnie.... who's spons from him?

I mean hes built two frames for dhers and james foster did a quad backflip on his frames. He just made a tone of social progress this year. Went from nobody to one of the tops in a year

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



12/16/2015 1:38 PM

to be the 2015 compagnie, you need to bring something new, keep the bmx alive. T-1 still existe!? they bring a new video yesterday but what else?

|

12/16/2015 1:40 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

to be the 2015 compagnie, you need to bring something new, keep the bmx alive. T-1 still existe!? they bring a new video yesterday but what else?

No you don't..................just keep it real and down to earth and there are not too many companies like that. They pretty much have been making the same parts for years and they are still around for a reason.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



12/16/2015 1:55 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

to be the 2015 compagnie, you need to bring something new, keep the bmx alive. T-1 still existe!? they bring a new video yesterday but what else?

Ricked_Em wrote:

No you don't..................just keep it real and down to earth and there are not too many companies like that. They pretty much have been making the same parts for years and they are still around for a reason.

i like T-1 since day own! crazy team, but i think they need to make a big comeback.... maybe next movie will help for 2016. But not for 2015! FBM have probably the best product out there handcrafted. They bring a lot to bmx too!

|

12/16/2015 1:57 PM

A few brands I think are worth noting -

COLONY
Consistent quality video releases. New team riders. Awesome new frames (Tradition, Monash, and Prody).


TOTAL
Added Nick Bruce. Released new versions of signature frames. Stayed true to their roots (park dudes killing it). Solid video releases.

BSD
Kris Kyle and Alex Donnachie are awesome. New product looks good. Videos are always top notch. Very active brand.

|

12/16/2015 1:59 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

i like T-1 since day own! crazy team, but i think they need to make a big comeback.... maybe next movie will help for 2016. But not for 2015! FBM have probably the best product out there handcrafted. They bring a lot to bmx too!

Joe isn't like that at all. He does enough to keep himself afloat. He never wants to take advantage of the thing he loves most.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



12/16/2015 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2015 2:10 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

Hyper? for real? not sure they sell good product....

Are you kidding me , have you seen their team , they got geuttler as team manager , American made Cranmer frame and a couple other solid frames and bars , of course their products good

Oh I forgot good product these days is what holds up to foot tall ledge riding like animal

Animal puts out great videos but Ralph him self said in an interview they didn't bother to update their parts with the times like their competitors did and that's a big reason they fell behind

But I get it it's cool to hate on park brands that sell high end products and entry level bikes at department stores and getting new kids into the sport to spend money these days , making money is so uncool , screw those park riders who actually make money with contest winnings and the money making brands behind them that get more kids into the sport and give back by paying a team to travel the world riding bikes

|

12/16/2015 2:03 PM

S&M keep up good to with a great team....

|

12/16/2015 2:06 PM

Toto_bike_fx wrote:

Hyper? for real? not sure they sell good product....

eskimojay wrote:

Are you kidding me , have you seen their team , they got geuttler as team manager , American made Cranmer frame and a couple other solid frames and bars , of course their products good

Oh I forgot good product these days is what holds up to foot tall ledge riding like animal

Animal puts out great videos but Ralph him self said in an interview they didn't bother to update their parts with the times like their competitors did and that's a big reason they fell behind

But I get it it's cool to hate on park brands that sell high end products and entry level bikes at department stores and getting new kids into the sport to spend money these days , making money is so uncool , screw those park riders who actually make money with contest winnings and the money making brands behind them that get more kids into the sport and give back by paying a team to travel the world riding bikes

thats why i dont think animal was good in 2015....


but hyper make a lot of crap too! they make kid believe in hyper bike so they go buy a bmx at walmart

|

12/16/2015 2:08 PM

Fbm, again.
Rider owned, rider run, rider made! Plenty of edits throughout the year, non of them ground breaking, but they don't take it too seriously. They're always pissing about and smiling which is rare these days. The pma stem and cb4ks are beautiful. They held plenty of jams and sketchy comps. Travelled around visiting independent shops and rode with the locals. How many other companies are literally that close to the average kid? Plus the non bmx stuff they've been doing, custom built frames, the sword, and making 16" and 18" frames and forks. They're badass. If I owned a bike company, I'd want it to be exactly like fbm

|

12/16/2015 2:10 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Fbm, again.
Rider owned, rider run, rider made! Plenty of edits throughout the year, non of them ground breaking, but they don't take it too seriously. They're always pissing about and smiling which is rare these days. The pma stem and cb4ks are beautiful. They held plenty of jams and sketchy comps. Travelled around visiting independent shops and rode with the locals. How many other companies are literally that close to the average kid? Plus the non bmx stuff they've been doing, custom built frames, the sword, and making 16" and 18" frames and forks. They're badass. If I owned a bike company, I'd want it to be exactly like fbm

Exactly. They have something new on instagram everyday

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher