2015 Sponsor Changes - Most Unexpected?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2015 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2015 11:59 AM

A bunch of sponsorship changes have gone down as we transitioned into 2015.

Which of these (or any I forgot) surprised you the most?

Brian Kachinsky off DK; on GT.
Bruno Hoffman off Cinema; on Eclat.
Ben Hucke off Freegun.
Pat Casey off Haro.
Big Daddy off SE.
Dave Dillewaard off GT.
Nathan Williams off Eclat.
Seth Klinger off Haro.
Drew Bezanson off Shadow.
Jack Clark off Haro.
Colin Varanyak on Dan's Comp.

|

1/12/2015 12:05 PM

Nathan off eclat for sure.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

1/12/2015 12:08 PM

I think Kachinsky off DK and on GT took me by surprise the most. I figured he'd spend the rest of his career with DK. That was a long, strong relationship.

|

1/12/2015 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2015 12:24 PM

what Asick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick Brian Kachinsky off DK; on GT

|

1/12/2015 12:27 PM

Definitely Pat Casey off Haro. He fucking kills it and i saw no reason why they didnt re sign him

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/12/2015 12:31 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Definitely Pat Casey off Haro. He fucking kills it and i saw no reason why they didnt re sign him

Without knowing all of the inside info, I'm guessing it was a money issue. Pat is a high-profile rider and I'm sure he didn't come cheap.

|

1/12/2015 1:45 PM

Definitely Nathan off Éclat.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

1/12/2015 1:48 PM

Either Nathan off éclat or big daddy off se
Idk abkut anyone else but to me it seemed like he was the face of se's freestyle team, or at least he used to be

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/12/2015 1:50 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Either Nathan off éclat or big daddy off se
Idk abkut anyone else but to me it seemed like he was the face of se's freestyle ...more

I agree with the SE statement. I know Big Daddy is going in a slightly different direction in his life right now (going to school, doing dentist stuff), but he's still staying incredibly active on his bike.

|

1/12/2015 1:51 PM

Bezanson off shadow since he has a bunch of parts with them

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

1/12/2015 3:15 PM

Pat Casey and Nathan Williams dropping / dropped surprised me. I like Bruno on Eclat and he seems better for them then on Cinema.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2015 5:02 PM

I wonder if Bmx will ever get so organized with this mark losey judging system that it will end up with a draft at the end of every year like in hockey or something

That'd be kinda weird just a thought

|

1/12/2015 5:24 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I wonder if Bmx will ever get so organized with this mark losey judging system that it will end up with a draft at the end of ...more

I wouldn't count on it. The majority of BMX can't be broken down by rankings. Yeah, contests can, but what about videos, photos, social networking, attitude, devotion, positivity, etc? I think BMX is far too complex of a puzzle to ever be fully figured out on any sort of formal level.

|

1/12/2015 5:42 PM

Shit Big Daddy is off SE?
That gets it

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/12/2015 7:16 PM

Bruno on Eclat is definitely WAY better than Cinema and I am glad.

Nathan off Eclat was a SUPER surprise to me honestly I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Drew of Shadow surprised me too because he has so many sig parts and when I last saw him at Joyride he was still riding all their parts and usually word gets around fast there but no one really heard anything.

Then of course Brian off of DK, probably a stupid move TBH but whatever, if he likes it then thats what matters.

|

1/12/2015 9:51 PM

BLVCK wrote:

Bruno on Eclat is definitely WAY better than Cinema and I am glad.

Nathan off Eclat was a SUPER surprise to me honestly I ...more

I think what Brian likes is keeping his bills paid from riding his bike.

|

1/12/2015 9:51 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Shit Big Daddy is off SE?
That gets it

Yeah. I don't like it one bit.

|

1/13/2015 1:13 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

Without knowing all of the inside info, I'm guessing it was a money issue. Pat is a high-profile rider and I'm sure he didn't ...more

im thinking this is the same for jack clark as he killed it in 2014 and is looking for something bigger, Nathan off eclat really suprised me especially as bruno has just joined

|

1/14/2015 10:17 AM

seanyatesy wrote:

im thinking this is the same for jack clark as he killed it in 2014 and is looking for something bigger, Nathan off eclat ...more

I think Nathan leaving Eclat opened the door for Bruno to join.

|

1/14/2015 12:52 PM

Mark Burnett on DansComp flow was a pretty big surprise to me. I know it's just flow but the kid is one year older than I am! That's amazing to me!

He's one of my favorite riders and I am happy for him.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

1/14/2015 10:11 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Mark Burnett on DansComp flow was a pretty big surprise to me. I know it's just flow but the kid is one year older than I am! ...more

He also just got bumped up to Sunday's pro team. Dude is killing it right now.

|

1/14/2015 10:37 PM

dont know if its just his personal choice, but bezanson is running a Primo stem right now... instead of the shadow one he had been running, but maybe he's on primo now? i dont know. he just told me on instagram what stem it was.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/14/2015 10:49 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

dont know if its just his personal choice, but bezanson is running a Primo stem right now... instead of the shadow one he had ...more

Don't count on him being on Primo.

|

1/14/2015 10:52 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

dont know if its just his personal choice, but bezanson is running a Primo stem right now... instead of the shadow one he had ...more

You mother fucker haha I saw that the other day and meant to post it here but a single part also doesn't mean much which is why I didn't post here sooner.

Plus the Aneyerlator stem isn't made in FL anymore, unless they're coming out with one which seems unlikely since Ricany is getting a signature FL from Primo, so he might have just gotten it cheap from somewhere.

If he does end up on Primo though I would imagine Primo would get into the brake game and come out with a detangler too.

|

1/14/2015 10:54 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You mother fucker haha I saw that the other day and meant to post it here but a single part also doesn't mean much which is ...more

Drew is sponsored by Ryder Distribution. They distribute Primo (among other brands) in Canada. I'm sure he can get whatever he wants through them, but don't see him ever being added to the team.

|

1/14/2015 11:02 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Drew is sponsored by Ryder Distribution. They distribute Primo (among other brands) in Canada. I'm sure he can get whatever he ...more

Did not know that, makes sense.

But yeah I agree, he seems like he'd be out of place on Primo anyway because the team's stacked with a street slayers.

|

1/15/2015 11:22 PM

dillewards off GT? i haven't been paying attention but i thought he was holding up that team? who do they have now?

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

1/15/2015 11:27 PM

A08 wrote:

dillewards off GT? i haven't been paying attention but i thought he was holding up that team? who do they have now?

GT pro team is currently Jeremiah Smith, Rob Wise, and Brian Kachinsky.

|

1/15/2015 11:31 PM

A08 wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

GT pro team is currently Jeremiah Smith, Rob Wise, and Brian Kachinsky.

crazy there is literally a GT add boosting dilleward to the right as i read your post… wonder what happened.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

1/16/2015 7:45 AM

casey´s off haro, is the most surpising notice in the bmx park this year, pat was a nice rider, in my opinion is the change most unexpected

|