2015 Stolen STS Help.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2016 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 2:38 AM

Problem resolved.
Did some editing to save my own embarrassment aka delete my jackass comments.
Thanks for the help everyone!

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/23/2016 9:08 PM

I would call Dan's on Monday and see if they can do, or know anything about it first. Then call, or email Stolen.

If Dan's can't do anything i'm sure Stolen will handle it (if it was a mistake).

Either way you will have to wait till Monday smile

|

1/23/2016 9:17 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I would call Dan's on Monday and see if they can do, or know anything about it first. Then call, or email Stolen.

If Dan's ...more

Thing is though, my dad cut up the box and threw everything away that was in it. Including the recipt. i I imagine that would be a problem?

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/23/2016 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2016 9:27 PM

owen.lox wrote:

Thing is though, my dad cut up the box and threw everything away that was in it. Including the recipt. i I imagine that would ...more

Check your dads banking account because you ordered with a credit card.
These links all say that the hubs should be female just to confirm:
http://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/Stolen/STS-Ratima,7198
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/stolen-sts-ramos-bmx-bike-2015/rp-prod129139
http://thecomeup.com/videos/stolen-2015-sts-complete-bike-flip-book/

|

1/23/2016 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2016 9:35 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

These links all say that the hubs should be female ...more

This, or if you ordered online you should have your order # and online receipt.

I'm sure they still have you on record if you ordered it last week (they can look you up by your name and shipping address most likely), but still more reason to contact Dan's customer service first.

Also ask/ confirm that they will send the new wheels with a return packing slip, so you don't have to pay return shipping.

|

1/23/2016 9:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 2:34 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

If Dan's ...more

owen.lox wrote:

Thing is though, my dad cut up the box and threw everything away that was in it. Including the recipt. i I imagine that would ...more

420bongblazer wrote:

These links all say that the hubs should be female ...more

Alright. And im sure dans keeps all of that on record.

|

1/23/2016 10:00 PM

I've had good luck with Dan's customer service... They can either see if it was a mistake on their part, or maybe contact Stolen for you. I would follow up based on principle, because this stuff happens all the time + you never know if they might hook you up with free stuff for their mistake.

It shouldn't take more than 5mins talking to both parties to get this settled. You can also email them both if you don't want to talk over the phone.

They may not even ask for payment confirmation, so you might be able to get this settled without the help of your parents.

|

1/23/2016 10:08 PM

Thanks for the quick response guys! Ill call dans this monday and see whats up, ive already emailed Stolen. I give an update afterwards. Thanks smile

|

1/23/2016 10:09 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I've had good luck with Dan's customer service... They can either see if it was a mistake on their part, or maybe contact ...more

Sounds good. Thanks for the help!

|

1/23/2016 10:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 2:35 AM

Got a response from stolen

|

1/23/2016 10:48 PM

well the 2015 stolen bikes catalog claims that sts completes have stolen revolution oe wheels which are female

catalog (pg.16):
http://thecomeup.com/videos/stolen-2015-sts-complete-bike-flip-book/

wheels:
https://www.danscomp.com/products/401237/Stolen_Revolution_Cassette_Wheel.html
https://www.danscomp.com/products/401238/Stolen_Revolution_Front_Wheel.html

As far as I know, Stolen is lying out their ass right now. I want this shit sorted out.

|

1/23/2016 10:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 2:36 AM

420bongblazer wrote:

well the 2015 stolen bikes catalog claims that sts completes have stolen revolution oe wheels which are female

catalog ...more

Agreed

|

1/23/2016 11:28 PM

owen.lox wrote:

Agreed

First off you sound like a huge brat here. The guy probably answers a lot of emails and a lot of mistakes get unnoticed, how dare he apology in advance for any potential mistakes he might have made!

Second, you're pissed cause you got OE parts and you're mad that the OE parts (which are Original Equipment parts made specifically for the reason you're pissed) are "downgraded to save money"

That's what they ARE. They're essentially knockoff parts designed similarly but cheaper, to save YOU money.

Third, they're not supposed to be female and are definitely not the aftermarket Revolution wheels

here's what the aftermarket Revolution front hub looks like
Photo

here's what the OE Revolution front hub looks like
Photo

and the rear Revolution
Photo

and the OE rear Revolution
Photo

Note the different shaped hub shell, they're different than the aftermarket ones yes, but that's why they're called OE Revolution. The rim looks to be the same but I can't tell.

|

1/23/2016 11:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2016 11:46 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

catalog ...more

owen.lox wrote:

Agreed

sundaybmxRR wrote:

First off you sound like a huge brat here. The guy probably answers a lot of emails and a lot of mistakes get unnoticed, how ...more

I realise that I sound like a brat. BUT I was convinced that I was getting fucked over on something I spent my hard earned money on. I admit, you proved me wrong. But wouldn't you be pissed if you bought something that wasn't as advertised?
edit: Honestly, I do feel like a dick now, and re-read the dans desciption that said it doesnt have the revolution wheelset, but in turn has the chamber rim which is part of the revolution set. I read somewhere else that it had the revolution set. After reading my replies, I kinda wanna delete this post now... I suppose this confirms not to say shit when you are pissed off...

|

1/24/2016 12:22 AM

owen.lox wrote:

I realise that I sound like a brat. BUT I was convinced that I was getting fucked over on something I spent my hard earned ...more

Understandable, it confused me as well and I was stumped until I zoomed in on the photos of the completes to see the hubs were different.

No worries though, we all have those days. You still got a steal of a bike though, that thing's dialed and for the price you can't beat it.

|

1/24/2016 12:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 12:32 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

First off you sound like a huge brat here. The guy probably answers a lot of emails and a lot of mistakes get unnoticed, how ...more

owen.lox wrote:

I realise that I sound like a brat. BUT I was convinced that I was getting fucked over on something I spent my hard earned ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Understandable, it confused me as well and I was stumped until I zoomed in on the photos of the completes to see the hubs were ...more

Couldn't agree more, I love it smile

|