2016 Fly Line Up

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2015 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2015 6:45 PM

Have you guys looked at the 2016 Fly Bikes look book? Flys always made good tires and pedals in my opinion but this year looks really really good for them. Both the Fugeo and Geo frame looks rad, i would run the hell out of a Geo in Flat raw 21". The New Headset where you can adjust the angle on the forks and mellow out the front end. also the fact they switched to Mid BB and 24mm bottom brackets. im stoked whats your thoughts?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/13/2015 7:03 PM

I agree, the Geo is the tits. Little heavy for Fly.. 5.78 lbs is hefty as fuck for a frame, even for today's standards. Should be fine though. I doubt i'd hate it on those lines.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/13/2015 7:11 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I agree, the Geo is the tits. Little heavy for Fly.. 5.78 lbs is hefty as fuck for a frame, even for today's standards. Should ...more

The Geo's seatstay brace is fucking the beautiful!

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/13/2015 7:21 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I agree, the Geo is the tits. Little heavy for Fly.. 5.78 lbs is hefty as fuck for a frame, even for today's standards. Should ...more

Brokenbmx wrote:

The Geo's seatstay brace is fucking the beautiful!

It seriously tickles my pickle. I would love one. I bet it rides well too. It has that Three Amigos type thing that i have been yearning for.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/13/2015 8:40 PM

Half the welds in there look gross.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/13/2015 10:32 PM

It looks good . Saw the Geo frame on Dans and had a feeling it'll blow up here eventually

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/13/2015 10:33 PM

One of the best things they made is that they brought the classic rim back! Also the dark gold looks very cool. And in my opinion, their pedals are awesome! I have the plastic rubens and they are very grippy. But the metal ones are not just bulletproof, but beatiful too. The new grips look very good and I might run them instead of devons. Seats look very comfy and the cranks look even stronger than they did. Completes are dialed (especially the omega and orion). I think this is the best product line flybikes ever had!

|

Deez nuts

11/15/2015 6:30 PM

fly_alex09 wrote:

One of the best things they made is that they brought the classic rim back! Also the dark gold looks very cool. And in my ...more

Exactly, makes me stoked for them!

|

11/15/2015 6:45 PM

Never considered fly before because of Span BB. It just seemed iffy really buying a bike that used a different bearing than what is commonly used in the area. Like a buying a Ford in an area where people only drive toyotas. I'd consider them now tho honestly thanks for the info

|

11/15/2015 7:00 PM

xXZ4KOXx wrote:

Never considered fly before because of Span BB. It just seemed iffy really buying a bike that used a different bearing than ...more

Exactly, when i own a fly the Spanish BB thing was a pain in my ass, glad they switched to Mid BB and 24mm cranks

|

11/15/2015 7:05 PM

xXZ4KOXx wrote:

Never considered fly before because of Span BB. It just seemed iffy really buying a bike that used a different bearing than ...more

Brokenbmx wrote:

Exactly, when i own a fly the Spanish BB thing was a pain in my ass, glad they switched to Mid BB and 24mm cranks

Right figures just didn't seem like a good idea. Do you happen to know where their parts are produced?

|

11/16/2015 7:10 AM

I don't see how the BB is a pain? I have had like 3 different ones in like 10 years.

How do you kids go through BBs so often that ordering one and waiting a couple days is a pain?

ANYWHO, they stuff looks good, welds look on par with the ATF I am running (borrowing a buddy's frame for a change).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/16/2015 10:24 AM

I'm curious to see if the Geo will slow sales for the Fuego because of the similar specs but it having a lower cost and shorter back end .

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/16/2015 11:11 AM

I think you guys are missing something important here, the flybikes rear hub on page 23, is tat a new prototype of theirs? is it actually going to come out? i need to know!

|

11/16/2015 11:55 AM

The Fuego actually looks like something I'd ride. haha It's got that bigger taper at the front end and the gussets and all that. 13.35 is the perfect rearend as well in my experiences. I'm really liking the looks of that line up, damn!!

|

11/16/2015 12:40 PM

I had questions about their brakes and since they are in Spain, I could only get the number to one of their distributors, who wasn't very helpful. I don't like not being able to call a bike company and talk to someone, and I prefer it to be in the usa. just my 2¢.

|

11/16/2015 12:50 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

I think you guys are missing something important here, the flybikes rear hub on page 23, is tat a new prototype of theirs? is ...more

Saw that too and that was my first question. Doubtful we will see it soon I think.

Psyched on the classic rim coming back, one of my favorite rims I've owned, probably will be picking up a set.

Always been a fan of fly stuff though, never has any issues with countless stuff I've run from them

|

Refs: Shadow.Conspiracy

11/16/2015 1:35 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

I think you guys are missing something important here, the flybikes rear hub on page 23, is tat a new prototype of theirs? is ...more

tooters bmx wrote:

Saw that too and that was my first question. Doubtful we will see it soon I think.

Psyched on the classic rim coming back, ...more

It's only the Classic front rim, of which, I believe, was never discontinued. Ill be happy when they come out with the OG rear rims.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/16/2015 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2015 6:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It's only the Classic front rim, of which, I believe, was never discontinued. Ill be happy when they come out with the OG rear ...more

Was just about to say this, that's definitely the front rim marketed as "classic" now for some reason.

The OG "Rear" rim (as it was called) had wide set spoke holes for cross lacing, and same size holes going all the way around the rim, not like what's pictured in the look book. Those rims were bomb proof, my friend's been riding one for at least 7 years in the back and all it has to show (Besides scratches and dings obviously) is a little up & down hop that won't come out. In my opinion they're on par with the Ribcages.

I was never a fan of Fly and in recent years I've seen their parts snap left & right, hopefully for their sake they fixed those issues finally. Not holding my breath on that cassette hub coming out though, they've been trying to get one released for several years now.

|

11/16/2015 6:40 PM

little factoid for you, the original prototype was given to ruben, stolen, and eventually returned to him, still in working condition.

|

11/16/2015 6:57 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

little factoid for you, the original prototype was given to ruben, stolen, and eventually returned to him, still in working ...more

I knew about that, I remember hearing about it when it got stolen at Interbike I think it was? Can't remember but it was years ago.

I'm just not holding my breath cause every couple of years I see something about it being released soon and it never does haha

|

11/16/2015 7:04 PM

i expect the g-coaster to be released at the same time, probably wont be riding still but i would pick both up for nostalgia.

|

11/16/2015 7:48 PM

Everything they make temps me. But I've always held off. Probobly gonna get the normal tractor sprocket.

|

11/17/2015 4:33 PM

That hub is rubens prototype im pretty sure. i saw it somewhere in an online article.

I blew out my spanish BB pretty quick and no shop had them in stock when i needed one so thats why its a pain in the ass.

|

11/17/2015 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2015 8:22 PM

It isnt the same hub, so it looks like a new revision as fly bikes is no longer in posession of the original.

An article from the merged:

Ruben Alcantara used this Fly Bikes prototype hub while filming all around the world for his Etnies Grounded video part in 2006. I got it from him I think 2008, it got stolen once in Malaga I guess 2010, than Pitu bought it back from some gypys. I kept on riding it all this years going to so many awesome trips till summer 2013 when my bike got stolen out of the car in Milan… A few weeks back Ayoub Errami from Morocco contacted me telling me he found my stolen bike and he was so kind to handle the hub to Vince Perraud who was there at the time. Vince gave the hub to Courage Adams at Simple Session and now I am holding all that history in my hand, can’t believe it!!

It has been stripped to raw aluminium and this new one looks engraved and fresh anno, im so excited to see this thing!

EDIT: /Ok so it is currently in possession of Lantschner Stefan, who rides for fly bikes but if you look at the original and then look at the one in the fly bikes catalogue im pretty sure that it is a new revision.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo

|

11/17/2015 10:26 PM

I don't know much about this hub but if it doesn't last forever then fuck is the hype about

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/18/2015 12:10 PM

Are you talking about the blind or this hub?

The hype is a different drive system and only being on what looks like a second revision, least they are making sure it works.

|