2017 MIRRA PRO FRAME

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2017 1:49 PM

Photo

Haro seems to be releasing an updated Mirra frame sometime this year!
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2017 5:31 PM

WHY DOES NO ONE SEEM TO CARE?! THIS IS AWESOME!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2017 6:22 PM

I will seriously own one! If anyone says otherwise you're a fucking douche canoe

|

1/20/2017 6:36 PM

If the specs look good, I'd run one. Are the specs out yet?

|

1/20/2017 7:02 PM

Where did you find this at?

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/20/2017 7:28 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Where did you find this at?

Haro's Instagram and their website.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2017 7:55 PM

It will be launched in March, with details at that time. Sounds like it might be a bike, but hopefully they offer parts too!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2017 8:40 PM

Nope I care about this. These frames look bad ass and I really like the decals too. Pierced toptube is my shit

|

1/20/2017 9:24 PM

Fuck this hits right in the feels ... Dave Mirra was a bit out of the scene when I finally came to realize how big he was , but fuck this is a good tribute . Hopefully his family are doing well. I still get sad thinking anoint it at times

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/20/2017 9:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2017 9:32 PM

One last attempt by haro. I wonder how much of the money his family sees? I'm sure they don't need it anyway, but if this is just a way for haro to line Theyre pockets, it shameful.

|

1/20/2017 11:38 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

One last attempt by haro. I wonder how much of the money his family sees? I'm sure they don't need it anyway, but if this is ...more

to be honest I kind of agree with this , it's a sweet sentiment but it is a bit soon . I think Mutiny did it the best with the randy Taylor re release after a certain amount of time . Haro does seem to pull the gun pretty fast on this

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2017 12:45 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

One last attempt by haro. I wonder how much of the money his family sees? I'm sure they don't need it anyway, but if this is ...more

Exactly what I was thinking, took the words right out of my mouth.

|

1/21/2017 1:18 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I'm not into this frame at all but if you've been paying attention to what Haro has been doing over the last few years, they've been making a bunch of older frames/bikes 'new' again. And hardcore Haro fans seem to be eating them up.

There's not enough money in bmx for anyone to be making a ton of money.

They're just making things that people seem to want.

I stopped supporting Haro when they started putting "not for trick riding" stickers on their frames.

|

1/21/2017 6:16 AM

I've never rated haro, never liked the look of their parts or frames, never liked the riders they sponsored. But Dave was a legend and deserves to be remembered. I'm sure this isn't really a money thing as the majority of people that will buy it probably won't ride it. It'll become a carpet queen like all the mid school builds. It won't sell to the masses because most kids these days want a trendier frame. The reissues done well because they were made in limited numbers, enough for everyone that wanted one. If they, or this frame, were mass produced they'll end up with loads of unsold frames

|

1/21/2017 6:31 AM

Personally, I like Haro-those were the bikes I was salivating on when I wanted a BMX. It was a picture of a Haro that made me like BMX. I discovered BMX through Hoffmann on Haro bikes.

And I respect the riders-the legends and all, but man, I'll take a Guttershark over a old-new Haro any day.

Why?

No real innovation. No more spice in what it used to be. No more pop, no more jazz, no more life, no more soul. Just an old-new frame that's brought back, plus taking advantage of the death of a true legend-just selling his name on a Taiwanese frame. That's why I have this reaction:

MEH.

Not for me.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

1/21/2017 2:33 PM

Man ill have to grab one!! Be sick if they released some mirra bars also

|

brakeless maniac

1/21/2017 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2017 3:11 PM

I highly doubt they're in all this for money. I'd run one for sure if the specs. are right!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/21/2017 3:38 PM

I rode in the late 90s and early 2000s so i have a soft spot for midschool bikes! I love the way they look and were built! Definitely have to try to grab one of these

|

brakeless maniac

1/21/2017 5:47 PM

Proceeds for this frame are going to Dave's family, happy about that.

http://bmxunion.com/daily/sneak-peek-haro-2017-mirra-pro-tribute-bike/

|

1/21/2017 7:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2017 8:05 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Proceeds for this frame are going to Dave's family, happy about that.

...more

That's good to hear, and now that I actually stop to look at it, it looks pretty cool. It kinda reminds me of a T1 barcode frame. I'd ride it. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I dig it.

|

1/21/2017 7:02 PM

Awesome. Always loved this frame. Back when the Blammo was every kids dream bike one kid in town had it

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/21/2017 7:35 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

That's good to hear, and now that I actually stop to look at it, it looks pretty cool. It kinda reminds me of a T1 barcode ...more

Yeah for sure, like I said I felt the same way about that if they weren't doing that. It's been done many times before with past singers etc... Things always sell better regarding items when someone famous has passed etc.

|

1/21/2017 8:05 PM

Yeah bands always do a lot better when someone dies, unfortunately. I just got my old haro backtrail built up. I always liked that frame shape. Everything looks exactly the same nowadays.

|

1/23/2017 6:34 AM

Awesome. To many frames are the same these days. I miss when you would see a frame and immediately know what it was.

|

It’s all bmx

1/23/2017 8:29 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Awesome. To many frames are the same these days. I miss when you would see a frame and immediately know what it was.

Yeah I'm on the same page bro. I do miss those days a lot

|

1/23/2017 10:48 AM

pnj wrote:

I'm not into this frame at all but if you've been paying attention to what Haro has been doing over the last few years, ...more

That's a legal thing. That way they can wash their hands of anyone getting hurt on them.

Back in the day I got a Redline Supa X (the knock off backtrail) and it had the same thing. It was their top of the line frame too.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/23/2017 10:50 AM

Personally, I am just starting a bike shop job on the side again, so I will be looking into something as soon as I can afford it.

WOOO!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/23/2017 11:09 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's a legal thing. That way they can wash their hands of anyone getting hurt on them.

Back in the day I got a Redline ...more

I realize that. But I supported Haro, Redline, GT and Mongoose before they had to put stickers on bikes. Back when those four brands were pushing limits of bmx and making parts/frames for progressive riding.

When they stopped supporting riders by putting stickers on the bikes, I stopped supporting them. Simple as that.

|

1/23/2017 12:24 PM

I think this is really cool. I always liked Dave Mirra. Playing the video game with my son a lot lately. What would be even better though is if the Mirraco brand was licensed to an actual BMX company or even a bike company that makes real bikes instead of some shitty toy store brand that also makes Tony Hawk bikes(don't even get me started on that).

|

1/23/2017 3:04 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I think this is really cool. I always liked Dave Mirra. Playing the video game with my son a lot lately. What would be even ...more

MirraCo bikes were licensed through Trek (at least early on.)

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura