2018 Mongoose Legion l100 build

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2018 10:48 PM

Just checking to see if I am the only one...

Just got my bike today, put it all together, nary a scratch on it from Amazon...but then the 2 bolts that are holding the gyro tabs on stripped out while trying to remove them.....anyone else? Guess the will remain for now.

|

5/25/2018 4:24 AM

The threads or the bolt head stripped?

|

5/25/2018 5:54 AM

you used the wrong size allen key. since you can't take them off, you might as well run a gyro and learn tailwhips to fufanus on the sub box

|

It’s all bmx

5/25/2018 7:47 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

you used the wrong size allen key. since you can't take them off, you might as well run a gyro and learn tailwhips to fufanus ...more

+1

|

5/25/2018 7:58 AM

Faulker wrote:

Just got my bike today, put it all together, nary a scratch on it from ...more

Hit the tops with a hammer,the bolt is tiny so it will come out or snap. Try not to hit the frame though, I wouldn't do it unless you are at least 35% sober so you don't risk hitting it too badly.

|

Hmmm

5/25/2018 8:15 AM

That's called rounding, not stripping. And they're small allen heads, you need to be very careful with them. If you don't want the tabs you can still get em out by tapping a slightly larger torx bit into the hole

|

5/25/2018 9:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's called rounding, not stripping. And they're small allen heads, you need to be very careful with them. If you don't want ...more

This.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/25/2018 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2018 10:12 PM

Faulker wrote:

Just got my bike today, put it all together, nary a scratch on it from ...more

Have you thought about trying out a detangler system? Jet makes one for like 15 bucks last time I bought one.

|

5/26/2018 3:00 AM

Put an elastic band (rubber band in American) over the head and hole of the screw. Then use Allen as normal

|

If you build it, they will come