21" to 20.5"

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2013 5:35 PM

So i just bought myself a new Sunday Funday series two frame and it will be coming in the mail next week
I'm wondering how much of a difference there will be in feel from my 21" frame to the new 20.5" frame?

Any help will be nice

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/30/2013 5:38 PM

Very little, I've rode a 20.5 20.75 and 21" frame and didn't notice any difference

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/30/2013 6:45 PM

I ride 20.5 and I'm 5'7 and it feels great a 20.75 and 20.75 aren't to different idk about 21 I haven't really rode a 21

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/30/2013 7:37 PM

half an inch. If you hate it get a long ass stem.

You'll definitely feel a bit closer to the front of the bike..That could be good or bad depending on how you like to ride and you're body structure. I've ridden 20.75 for years before moving down to 20.5. And I've always wanted a stem with less reach, so I liked the change. TT length is all about how much room a rider needs to work with... but we can all adapt if we need to.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/30/2013 7:40 PM

I feel more in control. The bike feels tighter in and I feel like it's easier to manipulate. I'm also only 5'5" and 160lbs

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

10/30/2013 7:59 PM

You might hit your knee on your stem more

|

10/30/2013 9:53 PM

Cheers guys. i'm 6" something well 189cm and was just wondering.
Sounds pretty good and i cant wait

|

10/30/2013 10:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 10:03 PM

i ride 20.75. it's really just personal preference. I cant ride 20.6 or 20.5 i always hit my knee on the stem or just feel uncomfortable. but like i said everyones different. youll probably be able to control it better as its more under you.

|

10/31/2013 6:21 AM

Spins may or may not come easier, I used to run 20.5 but when I went up to 20.75 I noticed my spins were more levelled out and cleaner, I think it just comes down to how comfortable you feel on the bike tho. But in reality its half an inch, its nothing.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/31/2013 9:48 AM

As someone said, you might hit your knee on the stem. I've ride my brothers bike which has a 20.5 tt (mine has a 20.75) and I feel so cramped, we also have pretty different setups but still. It would still depend on the rider though

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/31/2013 10:24 AM

Noticeable up front.

Especially if everything else is the same (angles etc).

If not it will just feel different.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/31/2013 10:28 AM

If youre 6 ft and riding a 20.5 that's probably not the best idea. You will probably loop outta manuals constantly at first but you will have to relearn a lot of your tricks probably.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

10/31/2013 10:50 AM

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

If youre 6 ft and riding a 20.5 that's probably not the best idea. You will probably loop outta manuals constantly at first but you will have to relearn a lot of your tricks probably.

Not necessarily.

I rode a 20.5 all the way up to My old Journey frame a couple years back, and I didn't loop out all the time, and getting on that Journey witha 21 tt didn't make manuals any harder.

It will feel different, but the OP will get used to it. He won't have to relearn everything. It's not like he is going from doing tricks on a dirt bike to a BMX. It's a geometry change on a frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/31/2013 10:58 AM

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Not necessarily.

I rode a 20.5 all the way up to My old Journey frame a couple years back, and I didn't loop out all the time, and getting on that Journey witha 21 tt didn't make manuals any harder.

It will feel different, but the OP will get used to it. He won't have to relearn everything. It's not like he is going from doing tricks on a dirt bike to a BMX. It's a geometry change on a frame.

Well I know for me, my Geometry change made a huge difference. I still don't understand why he'd go down in TT size from the size frame he should be riding for his size.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

10/31/2013 2:58 PM

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Not necessarily.

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

Well I know for me, my Geometry change made a huge difference. I still don't understand why he'd go down in TT size from the size frame he should be riding for his size.

I'm going down in size because i need a stronger frame and my friend has the same one in 20"75 and it feels great. Plus I've got many other things i have to spend my money on and i found this one cheap.

Update, Used one of the guys stock sundays at the park yesterday at a 20.5" and it didn't seem to much different but i did find my self over rotating my 360's flat at first, so i think ill do okay on my new one.

Thank you everyone and just to let you know. I use one knee pad on all the bike i've used because of how i manage to hit my right knee on the stems so this wont be much different

|