23t sprocket for Mongoose L10

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2020 2:27 PM

My son having hard time pedaling. I would like to try new sprocket. What should I search for that will fit the 1 piece cranks on the Mongoose Legion L10?

Thanks,

Todd

|

3/31/2020 3:16 PM

I don't think any of us will know the first thing about finding a sprocket that can fit a one piece crank, never mind one in 23t which isnt exactly a common size.

|





3/31/2020 3:20 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I don't think any of us will know the first thing about finding a sprocket that can fit a one piece crank, never mind one in 23t which isnt exactly a common size.

Pretty much this, there isn't exactly a market for 1-piece stuff these days.

What's his current drive setup?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/31/2020 3:21 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Pretty much this, there isn't exactly a market for 1-piece stuff these days.

What's his current drive setup?

25/9 with a one piece. I looked the bike up. So he cant do a larger freewheel either

|





3/31/2020 3:28 PM

Go with 3 piece cranks to start, then explore the options??

|





3/31/2020 3:33 PM

Looks like my options very limited.

Maybe a 3 piece crank upgrade is the way to go?

|

3/31/2020 3:52 PM

tjmac44 wrote:

Looks like my options very limited.

Maybe a 3 piece crank upgrade is the way to go?

It’ll definitely open up the options by a long shot, that’s for sure.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/31/2020 4:03 PM

Any regular sprocket should work with the 1pc cranks. As long as it’s not a nano-drive 23t then you will be fine. I know Profile used to offer the Imperial in 23t that was regular bolt drive.

I do think he would get used to the 25t if he keeps riding it. That’s a pretty average & easy-to-pedal gear as it is

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/31/2020 4:13 PM

In before eskimojay recommends a 30t sprocket because he just cant stand turtle speed gearing

|

3/31/2020 6:20 PM

Undesemin wrote:

In before eskimojay recommends a 30t sprocket because he just cant stand turtle speed gearing

No, it’s 50t sprocket, 1t driver.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/31/2020 6:48 PM

You guys must be a close group smile

|

4/1/2020 6:19 PM

When he gets done with his 130mm cranks, send them my way. Im street.

Also, 22t is the last sprocket size before it has to switch to nano drive. smile

|