25t to 28t

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2019 7:30 PM

Got a new bike recently, it has a 25 but I want to get a 28t. Only problem is the chain, I don't know if I will need more links for the +3t size. My axle is not slammed, it's more towards the edge of the dropout, so it might work, but I don't want to get the sprocket and realize I need to spend 30$ for a chain.

|

Barends are for weenies

10/9/2019 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2019 7:39 PM

You will need new chain if you want to go up , make it worth your while get a new chain and get a 30 if your frame can fit one

|

10/9/2019 9:07 PM

Great decision, and yes, you will need a few more links, just be aware that 28t falls in different lengths than 25 (13.0’’ - 13.25’’... for 25 and 13.15’’ - 13.4’’... for 28t).

And you don’t need 30$ for a new chain but only 12 for a bsd forever regular chain (one half link included), they are the best and cheapest, I hit mine way too much on failed crankarms and it’s just strong, never broke one in years.

|

10/9/2019 9:37 PM

I also just recently made the move, and I can tell you it's amazing. Gotta go fast!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

10/9/2019 9:56 PM

You’ll never go back to 25t after getting used to a 28t

|

10/10/2019 4:54 AM

.pegless. wrote:

You’ll never go back to 25t after getting used to a 28t

Agreed. I did that (thanks again Steve-the sprocket is still going strong and still looks MINT).

You will need more chain for sure. Make sure you upgrade from whatever your current chain is.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/10/2019 6:39 AM

i say spend more than $30 for a new chain and get the shadow supreme chain, that way you’ll be able to ride for years without worry of your chain snapping

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/10/2019 7:15 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

i say spend more than $30 for a new chain and get the shadow supreme chain, that way you’ll be able to ride for years without worry of your chain snapping

I'll probably just stay with the interlock v2, it's been holding up good and I don't thrash my drivetrain too hard

|

Barends are for weenies

10/11/2019 5:02 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

bmxmanboy wrote:

I'll probably just stay with the interlock v2, it's been holding up good and I don't thrash my drivetrain too hard

I ran one for like 5 years, and an Interlock V1 for about the same.

I cleaned it about every month or two and relubed it. That's all. Never snapped on me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura