270 Tire taps vs 3s

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2015 2:18 PM

It took me a little while to commit to 180s...but now i can land them at will. I want to learn threes but I'm not sure if I should just go all out, or practice with the 270s. If that makes sense. Also, I figured posting a video might make it clearer would I should work on. What would you suggest?

|

5/19/2015 4:15 PM

If you want good 3s learn them on a dirt jump or box jump, every person I've seen that try's to learn 3s on flat hits a wall and gets stuck with 360 tire taps

|

5/19/2015 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2015 7:19 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you want good 3s learn them on a dirt jump or box jump, every person I've seen that try's to learn 3s on flat hits a wall ...more

Can confirm, I tried flat 360s when I first tried learning them, could only manage 360 tire taps... Always assumed doing them out of banks was harder for some reason, guess I thought going faster made them harder but in reality it's just the opposite.

Granted I DID eventually learn them flat before ever doing them out of banks and shit but they were so ugly.

Try doing them out of banks, just commit to the whole 360 and keep your damn head turned the way you spin, biggest issue I see with a lot of people not being able to 360. Get dialed at them out of banks then try them flat or even off a small curb. Also keep practicing them, you're most likely not gonna learn them the first day you try them.

|

5/19/2015 10:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you want good 3s learn them on a dirt jump or box jump, every person I've seen that try's to learn 3s on flat hits a wall ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Can confirm, I tried flat 360s when I first tried learning them, could only manage 360 tire taps... Always assumed doing them ...more

Word. I'll definitely try that. I dont have any jumps in my neighborhood but do you think a small bank or 2 stair will give me enough air to practice?

|