28/9

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2011 1:25 PM

easier or harder to pedal?

|

ref's- iridebmxeveryday, ride till death 18, google, beastassdickwink x2, spikez5, blizzbikes



4/24/2011 1:27 PM

easy. right?

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

4/24/2011 1:27 PM

might i ask what grade your in?

|

4/24/2011 1:27 PM

Josh321 wrote:

easy. right?

no. harder to pedal. but you go faster.

|

4/24/2011 1:31 PM

Josh321 wrote:

easy. right?

cky199 wrote:

no. harder to pedal. but you go faster.

answer is invalid.
question is invalid.
remark is invalid.

he just asked if 28/9 is harder to pedal, but that is not a complet question.

THREAD INVALID/ CLOSED FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

|

4/24/2011 1:31 PM

This isnt rocket science. If you have a 28/9 setup, your back wheel will spin 3.1 times for every full crank you put it, so therefore it is easier that a 25/9 setup which will spin 2.8 times for every full crank you put in.

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

4/24/2011 1:35 PM

28/9 is a harder gear ratio it takes more to pedal it but its faster

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

4/24/2011 1:38 PM

what do you run now?

|

4/24/2011 3:44 PM

28/9 is harder to pedal than 25/9 but to some poeple (including me) like it alot better

|

4/24/2011 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2011 4:15 PM

just switched to 28-9 from 23-9 and its WAY harder to pedal, but i lovee the extra speed, just takes some geting use to i guess.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

4/24/2011 4:16 PM

yeahh 28-9 best gearing in my opinion i love it

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

4/24/2011 4:18 PM

Switching from 25/9 to 28/9 for me wasn't very noticable except for the extra speed.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

4/24/2011 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2011 4:47 PM

Break this down logically.

25/9 = 2.7778
28/9 = 3.1111

That is the ratio created.
Meaning one complete revolution of the cranks rotates the wheel 2.7778 or 3.1111 times.

I'll break this down in terms of cars.
25/9 can be looked at as first gear. Acceleration is faster, but it will not achieve as fast of a top speed.
28/9 can be looked at as second gear. Acceleration is slower, but you can achieve a higher top speed.

When your engine is working at 6000 revolutions per minute, respectively, with 28/9, the speed will be greater than that of 25/9.

When you are in second gear of your car, you are able to reach 30mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would have to work harder to move the car.

When you are in first gear of your car, you are able to reach 15mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would not have to work as hard to move the car.

The lower the gear ratio, less power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration more rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a lower speed than that of a higher ratio.

The higher the gear ratio, more power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration less rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a higher speed than that of a lower ratio.

Conclusion:
Run 28/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice acceleration for top speed and your legs are strong enough for it. It takes more work to get moving.
Run 25/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice top speed for acceleration.

All numbers are figurative and used just to get the point across.
A lot of redundancies, but I gave multiple descriptions just in case one did not make sense.
I'm procrastinating from my physics homework to explain physics.

|

Fly Pantera
Michigan State BMX Club

References are listed under my "About Me" on my profile.

4/24/2011 4:44 PM

thelen wrote:

Break this down logically.

25/9 = 2.7778
28/9 = 3.1111

That is the ratio created.
Meaning one complete revolution of the cranks rotates the wheel 2.7778 or 3.1111 times.

I'll break this down in terms of cars.
25/9 can be looked at as first gear. Acceleration is faster, but it will not achieve as fast of a top speed.
28/9 can be looked at as second gear. Acceleration is slower, but you can achieve a higher top speed.

When your engine is working at 6000 revolutions per minute, respectively, with 28/9, the speed will be greater than that of 25/9.

When you are in second gear of your car, you are able to reach 30mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would have to work harder to move the car.

When you are in first gear of your car, you are able to reach 15mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would not have to work as hard to move the car.

The lower the gear ratio, less power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration more rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a lower speed than that of a higher ratio.

The higher the gear ratio, more power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration less rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a higher speed than that of a lower ratio.

Conclusion:
Run 28/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice acceleration for top speed and your legs are strong enough for it. It takes more work to get moving.
Run 25/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice top speed for acceleration.

All numbers are figurative and used just to get the point across.
A lot of redundancies, but I gave multiple descriptions just in case one did not make sense.
I'm procrastinating from my physics homework to explain physics.

When you register for vital, you should be forced to read this.

|

4/24/2011 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2011 4:50 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

When you register for vital, you should be forced to read this.

haha. I actually had to edit the post. I went kind of crazy with it and made a mistake. I should create a new thread with that information and have the moderators sticky it.

|

Fly Pantera
Michigan State BMX Club

References are listed under my "About Me" on my profile.

4/24/2011 4:50 PM

thelen wrote:

Break this down logically.

25/9 = 2.7778
28/9 = 3.1111

That is the ratio created.
Meaning one complete revolution of the cranks rotates the wheel 2.7778 or 3.1111 times.

I'll break this down in terms of cars.
25/9 can be looked at as first gear. Acceleration is faster, but it will not achieve as fast of a top speed.
28/9 can be looked at as second gear. Acceleration is slower, but you can achieve a higher top speed.

When your engine is working at 6000 revolutions per minute, respectively, with 28/9, the speed will be greater than that of 25/9.

When you are in second gear of your car, you are able to reach 30mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would have to work harder to move the car.

When you are in first gear of your car, you are able to reach 15mph, but if you tried to start from a dead stop, the engine would not have to work as hard to move the car.

The lower the gear ratio, less power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration more rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a lower speed than that of a higher ratio.

The higher the gear ratio, more power is necessary to turn the wheels, making acceleration less rapid, but when you reach your maximum cadence (crank strokes per minute) you will be traveling at a higher speed than that of a lower ratio.

Conclusion:
Run 28/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice acceleration for top speed and your legs are strong enough for it. It takes more work to get moving.
Run 25/9 if you are prepared to sacrifice top speed for acceleration.

All numbers are figurative and used just to get the point across.
A lot of redundancies, but I gave multiple descriptions just in case one did not make sense.
I'm procrastinating from my physics homework to explain physics.

ha ha lol and thanks for sharing

|

4/24/2011 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2011 4:51 PM

Josh321 wrote:

easy. right?

cky199 wrote:

no. harder to pedal. but you go faster.

collin86 wrote:

answer is invalid.
question is invalid.
remark is invalid.

he just asked if 28/9 is harder to pedal, but that is not a complet question.

THREAD INVALID/ CLOSED FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

nobody gets the fact that hes not comparing to anything.... facepalm....

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

4/24/2011 4:53 PM

Skooter wrote:

nobody gets the fact that hes not comparing to anything.... facepalm....

Based on the BMX kids I know, I made an assumption. This question gets asked all the time and to make matters worse, people answer with half ass answers.

|

Fly Pantera
Michigan State BMX Club

References are listed under my "About Me" on my profile.

4/24/2011 4:53 PM

cky199 wrote:

no. harder to pedal. but you go faster.

collin86 wrote:

answer is invalid.
question is invalid.
remark is invalid.

he just asked if 28/9 is harder to pedal, but that is not a complet question.

THREAD INVALID/ CLOSED FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

Skooter wrote:

nobody gets the fact that hes not comparing to anything.... facepalm....

It is implied that he is, so quit trying to be a fucking philosopher over here.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/24/2011 4:57 PM

collin86 wrote:

answer is invalid.
question is invalid.
remark is invalid.

he just asked if 28/9 is harder to pedal, but that is not a complet question.

THREAD INVALID/ CLOSED FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

Skooter wrote:

nobody gets the fact that hes not comparing to anything.... facepalm....

Easternbiker93 wrote:

It is implied that he is, so quit trying to be a fucking philosopher over here.

im a modern day aristottle thank you very much.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY