3/8 to 14mm Axle Conversion - Profile

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2017 7:34 AM

Anybody know if it's possible to convert an old Profile Cassette hub (pretty sure it's a Drive-Bi) from 3/8 axle to 14mm axle? I bent the shit out of mine and would like to beef it up so it doesn't happen again.

|

5/10/2017 6:06 PM

On their site they have it listed as "3/8" axle only" meaning they themselves don't make a 14mm for it

But if you can find an axle with the same dimensions just in 14mm, it should fit... assuming you can also find bearings that fit the hub shell as well as accommodate the new axle... plus the hardware. It's not gonna be an easy task but I bet it's possible.

|

5/10/2017 10:59 PM

The drive bi is a freewheel hub. Is yours freewheel or cassette? If it looks the same but is cassette then it's an ss, or high flange. The internals are exactly the same as a mini

|

5/11/2017 5:42 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

On their site they have it listed as "3/8" axle only" meaning they themselves don't make a 14mm for it

But if you can find an ...more

I called Albes and they said you can apparently convert all Profile Hubs except the Elite. So I'll probably just take it to them. Might be a bit over my head.

|

5/11/2017 5:46 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The drive bi is a freewheel hub. Is yours freewheel or cassette? If it looks the same but is cassette then it's an ss, or high ...more

Yeah you're right. It's probably an SS. Photo

|

5/11/2017 6:41 AM

Yeah that's an ss, a mini axle will fit fine in there, they're exactly the same

|

5/11/2017 6:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah that's an ss, a mini axle will fit fine in there, they're exactly the same

Cool thanks mate!

|