BMXFU

Loading Haters
█████████████ 99%
Complete

6/4/2010 2:45 PM

i would like to know this too. haha

|

6/4/2010 2:48 PM

air compresser-stick the nossle under the grip and push the botton and pull at the same time.
use a sharp carpet knife and cut the flanges straight as possible

|

REFS: udbmx

WANTED A ROGUE STATUS SEAT!!! IF YOU HAVE ONE IM ME!!!!

6/4/2010 2:50 PM

ktm-kx339 wrote:

air compresser-stick the nossle under the grip and push the botton and pull at the same time.

hey, sweet. never thought of that.

|

6/4/2010 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:52 AM

bets way if you dont have an air compresser, carpet knife or exacto knife be careful to make sure its straight, and if your not using your old grip just cut em off
|

-swedish fish-
MOTW 05/31/10 - 06/06/10
Refs- Brandonbrown

6/4/2010 2:52 PM

ktm-kx339 wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

lol its works the best.

|

REFS: udbmx

WANTED A ROGUE STATUS SEAT!!! IF YOU HAVE ONE IM ME!!!!

6/4/2010 2:55 PM

ktm-kx339 wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

ktm-kx339 wrote:

lol its works the best.

yeah thats always been the best way, thats how all the shops do it, slides on like in half a second

|

-swedish fish-
MOTW 05/31/10 - 06/06/10
Refs- Brandonbrown

6/4/2010 2:56 PM

NomNom wrote:

bets way if you dont have an air compresser, carpet knife or exacto knife be careful to make sure its straight, and if your not using your old grip just cut em off

that's a smart idea. Im imagining myself just trying for a long time to get those grips on as I have never done so before. lol

|

6/4/2010 2:57 PM

i take any small stick like a chopstick and put hairspray on it, shove it between the grip and the bar CAREFULLY, spin it around and take it off.

then to get it on i put hairspray in the grip just a little little bit, and put the grip on. if it slides on too easy youve put too much on.

and just cut them with a razor blade as smooth as you can.

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

6/4/2010 2:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2010 3:02 PM

If you don't have an air compressor, fold back both ends of the old grips and pour some rubbing alcohol on the bars, unfold the grips then start twisting them muthas off. Rubbing alcohol also works for installing the grips. I use this method every time and I have no probs. The alcohol evaporates after a few mins.

|

6/4/2010 3:11 PM

NomNom wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

that's a smart idea. Im imagining myself just trying for a long time to get those grips on as I have never done so before. lol

ive seen this a few times, but i might just have to try it!

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

6/4/2010 3:12 PM

WD-40

|

I ride 2 wheelers for stacks.