3 piece crank for american BB

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2017 6:38 AM

Hi guys, im looking for 3 piece cranks and i found one set online but the question is, is any 3 piece crank set going to fit on my american bb? If not, how can i tell?

|

3/13/2017 6:57 AM

Is it a sealed American? That's Mid bearing in a cup so the only thing you'd have to worry about is spindle size.

If it's unsealed, cranks exist for them but not good ones. I'd say replace the bb as well.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/13/2017 7:09 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Is it a sealed American? That's Mid bearing in a cup so the only thing you'd have to worry about is spindle size.

If it's unsealed, cranks exist for them but not good ones. I'd say replace the bb as well.

Cant replace the bb, cause the frame i bought has american size. Heres a picture of the bb
Photo

|

3/13/2017 7:32 AM

You can get sealed American bottom brackets

|

3/13/2017 9:14 AM

A sealed American bottom bracket is literally a Mid bearing in a cup.

Photo

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/23/2017 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2017 1:57 PM

Yes you can. I use and will recommend gusset for this. They are a downhill company but the nice thing is that a lot of DH stuff fits the old bmx frames. They make solid stuff.
http://www.gussetbikes.com/products-list.php?c=A

I use the expert bmx 19mm in the t1.
http://www.gussetbikes.com/products-information.php?id=BBGUXB
If you need cheap cranks and axle for it go la Casa or 1664.

|