3 taps into flat 3s explained!,

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2013 12:27 PM

Just got back in from a real nice sunset session, second session today!!! Weather here in England today is amazing.

So I just got flat 3s after much frustration with them always being tyre taps but I've got em figured out.
im so relieved they were pissin me off big time but after studying dakota Roche's how to i got em down.

We all know that old ting bout tucking your knees but I don't fink that explains it all that well so for anyone with the same problem this is how to get em done.

Best way I can explain it is give yourself a kick up the ass, like stand up off your bike and literally kick yourself in the ass, that same motion is what you wanna be doing just before the 180 point in the rotation, its that simple if your left foot forward like I am you will use your right leg to make the same motion as you would if your was to stand up and kick your right butt cheek with your right foot ,the opposite foot if your right foot forward.

This is what I just did now ive got flat 3s on lock it works every time. So go out there an kick ass (literally)

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 12:33 PM

Well that is tucking your knees, trying to hit your butt just gives you the motion.
But yeah this could be helpful for some kids out there.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/6/2013 12:41 PM

andyferly wrote:

Well that is tucking your knees, trying to hit your butt just gives you the motion.
But yeah this could be helpful for some kids out there.

I guess it's the same thing but yeah like you said this explanation does explain the motion behind it, maybe I was being a dumbass but that explanation never really helped me out much, hopefully this will help someone cuz I know how frustrating it is.

Thanx for trying help out the other day tho I appreciate it, it always feels real good to get a new trick, got the halfcabs figured out today too, its been a good day.

Peace

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 1:16 PM

Nice man!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/6/2013 10:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2013 10:51 PM

Yeah many ways of saying the same thing. Its these subtle different mental cues that we all have that help us visualize and learn tricks. Every time I've learned a trick I sort of have this different way of thinking or approaching the movement than what I read online. Only through trial and error will you find this. Right now I'm trying to find one for this gymnastics move. Thought I had it down but its just become a bmx trick. Got em, lost em, got em, lost em...

Learning tricks has to be the most frustrating thing ever. Once you learn it it always seems to slip away and you're back a step.

|

4/7/2013 3:10 AM

BBQgoat wrote:

Yeah many ways of saying the same thing. Its these subtle different mental cues that we all have that help us visualize and learn tricks. Every time I've learned a trick I sort of have this different way of thinking or approaching the movement than what I read online. Only through trial and error will you find this. Right now I'm trying to find one for this gymnastics move. Thought I had it down but its just become a bmx trick. Got em, lost em, got em, lost em...

Learning tricks has to be the most frustrating thing ever. Once you learn it it always seems to slip away and you're back a step.

That's the thing bout gettin a new trick you gotta dial that shit in as soon as possible, its the same with any skill I guess, "if you don't use it you lose it"

What I do is as soon as I get something new on flat I straight away take it to everything, up things down thing over things, helps dial it in.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12