30-9 Gearing w/ Freecoaster?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2013 10:30 PM

I'm debating moving down to a 28t once I get my freecoaster. But I really like 30 but will it damage my hub at all? I know it can damage cassette after along time. But I just want to know your guy's opinions on this.

|

12/1/2013 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2013 10:56 PM

I'm planning on setting that up on my next set up.....won't know till I do it just make sure the chains not to tight.....I can hear when it's to tight from a grinding noise in my cassette but coasters are silent so be careful of that

|

12/2/2013 5:21 AM

How can running a 30t damage anything? It's more to do with chain line and tension than the sprocket itself. I'm planning on getting a coaster and I'll be running 30-9

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/2/2013 5:37 AM

Gump wrote:

How can running a 30t damage anything? It's more to do with chain line and tension than the sprocket itself. I'm planning on getting a coaster and I'll be running 30-9

it causes more stress on the driver and freecoasters right now aren't very durable.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/2/2013 7:34 AM

Well, bigger front sprocket would put more strain on the rear, which could lead to a faster bearing failure.

But aside from that, you would be fine. And there is no telling how fast it could crap out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura