30-9 Gearing w/ Freecoaster?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2013 10:30 PM

I'm debating moving down to a 28t once I get my freecoaster. But I really like 30 but will it damage my hub at all? I know it can damage cassette after along time. But I just want to know your guy's opinions on this.

|

12/1/2013 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2013 10:56 PM

I'm planning on setting that up on my next set up.....won't know till I do it just make sure the chains not to tight.....I can hear when it's to tight from a grinding noise in my cassette but coasters are silent so be careful of that

|

12/2/2013 5:21 AM

How can running a 30t damage anything? It's more to do with chain line and tension than the sprocket itself. I'm planning on getting a coaster and I'll be running 30-9

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/2/2013 5:37 AM

Gump wrote:

How can running a 30t damage anything? It's more to do with chain line and tension than the sprocket itself. I'm planning on ...more

it causes more stress on the driver and freecoasters right now aren't very durable.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/2/2013 7:34 AM

Well, bigger front sprocket would put more strain on the rear, which could lead to a faster bearing failure.

But aside from that, you would be fine. And there is no telling how fast it could crap out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura