34R ORTO CRANKS

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2018 3:31 AM

What's up with those?

I'm in the market for a new pair of cranks and stumbled upon these

I don't know a thing about the company, but they seem pretty nice.
Does anybody know anything about them? - I couldn't find any reviews

I have to chose between Vocal Valentine - Snafu Mayweather and these cranks
And these cranks also have an installation tool...
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/25/2018 3:51 AM

it looks like they made the weld bigger to make it stronger n places most often fail at (the welds)
if i were you i would go for the snafu ones because they have been ridden by some riders who go huge so there probably strong enough for almost anyone.

|

Hmmm

1/25/2018 4:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2018 4:16 AM

I wish I had these in hand. They look interesting with the investment cast and gusset. Where is this company from? I'm curious to see how other people are going to feel about these.

|

1/25/2018 4:23 AM

Those are sick as fuck and I mean it but that hole would sketch me out too bad. Like I would have no confidence trying anything big because I'd be worried about snapping it. (even though it may not snap as easily as I'm worried about)

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

1/25/2018 7:35 AM

These look like the same design as the Eclat Onyx cranks just left uncapped. They look wild, I'd ride em if I liked tubular cranks.

|

1/25/2018 8:18 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

These look like the same design as the Eclat Onyx cranks just left uncapped. They look wild, I'd ride em if I liked tubular ...more

What cranks do you run now?

|

1/25/2018 8:22 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

What cranks do you run now?

Powerbites I reckon.

|

1/25/2018 8:28 AM

@Edman123
Yeah, I'm also leaning more towards the snafu ones - they are also the cheapest of the lot

@bio151
The company is from the czech republic, they do look interesting and quality made?
Also, the black chrome option is quite sick!

@CBMX69
Hahaa, I feel you! I have the same exact feeling, as if they would collapse at that hole laughing

@Super-Pawl
The are indeed quite similar! And I do like tubular cranks laughing

Tough decision!
They do seem to be quality made.
And they give you an installation tool

The only thing that bugs me is that they are 2pcs

|

1/25/2018 8:50 AM

Two piece is fine. Not much different to 3 piece. Only differences is one arm is already on the spindle for you.

|

1/25/2018 9:05 AM

jbales wrote:

Two piece is fine. Not much different to 3 piece. Only differences is one arm is already on the spindle for you.

Yeah, but you can't switch RHD/LHD and run a spline drive sprocket

|

1/25/2018 9:14 AM

They look pretty rad. I'm pretty sure they're an Eastern European or Russian (same thing, or so I keep telling my wife. She's from the Czech part of Russia XD) company. And their stuff is pretty cheap. Would be good to see some test riding smile

|

1/25/2018 9:22 AM

Well if I can add to the 2pc vs. 3pc topic, also with no option to switch from RHD to LHD or vise versa 2pc cranks also leave not as much room for adjustment for how far you like your cranks being spaced out while keeping the spindle centered at the same time. since one crank arm is welded on that leaves no room for it to slide on the splines.. but generally that isn't really a worry most bmx cranks now adays are set up fine to have regular spacing with regular bottom bracket spacers, but some bottom brackets vary with size of cone or dust spacers that protect the bearing. Other than that, the only other important thing that keeping the spindle centered is if the crank arms are evenly spaced. A good way to tell this is to measure the gap between the inner crank arm and chainstay tube on the frame. generally if its within a quarter inch or less of difference on each side its good enough.. but also keeping in mind to keep the sprocket spinning true and in line with the rear sprocket. Coming from someone who has never ran 2pc. cranks but that is my opinion.

|

1/25/2018 9:35 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

They look pretty rad. I'm pretty sure they're an Eastern European or Russian (same thing, or so I keep telling my wife. She's ...more

There is no Czech part of russia, Czech/Slovania is a completely different country. I'm Ukrainian. Is your wife Russian or Slovanian lol?

|

1/25/2018 10:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

They look pretty rad. I'm pretty sure they're an Eastern European or Russian (same thing, or so I keep telling my wife. She's ...more

BcBMX80 wrote:

There is no Czech part of russia, Czech/Slovania is a completely different country. I'm Ukrainian. Is your wife Russian or ...more

She's Czech. But her parents are from what is now Slovakia. It's a running joke between us really, that she's Russian, and Czechoslovakia is a part of Russia (me pretending to be a typical ignorant brit smile )

|

1/25/2018 12:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, the company is also from the Czech Republic cheerful
Unfortunately I haven't found any information about their stuff ... nada laughing
In the end I think I will pull the trigger on them w00t
I'm still debating weather to get them or the mayweathers

|

1/25/2018 12:11 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

Well if I can add to the 2pc vs. 3pc topic, also with no option to switch from RHD to LHD or vise versa 2pc cranks also leave ...more

Well, with 2pc you sure can't run a spline drive and have the axle centered sad

They do have a 3pc version, but it 15 euros more ...

|

1/25/2018 12:14 PM

34R is a cool company. Haven't heard much about them recently & I know they're fairly small.

I stumbled across them because I was having issues with bending detangler plates, and they just so happen to have a wide range of really fancy brake parts, including a super thick detangler plate with a grub screw in it (34R Orto.)

They are super innovative and always trying new stuff. Those cranks look amazing, the design looks to be solid as can be. I would definitely go with them if I were in your shoes.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/25/2018 12:22 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

Well if I can add to the 2pc vs. 3pc topic, also with no option to switch from RHD to LHD or vise versa 2pc cranks also leave ...more

am-shaegar wrote:

Well, with 2pc you sure can't run a spline drive and have the axle centered sad

They do have a 3pc version, but it 15 euros ...more

Can't you put a spacer between the sprocket and crank arm?

|

1/25/2018 12:23 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

34R is a cool company. Haven't heard much about them recently & I know they're fairly small.

I stumbled across them ...more

Yeah they seem pretty legit. I only heard of them because my friend stocks their stuff in his shop. But the lower price makes me think they might be made cheaper?

|

1/25/2018 12:40 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

There is no Czech part of russia, Czech/Slovania is a completely different country. I'm Ukrainian. Is your wife Russian or ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

She's Czech. But her parents are from what is now Slovakia. It's a running joke between us really, that she's Russian, and ...more

Gotcha, ha! yup my wife likes to bug me that I'm Russian and we all slavs anyway lol.

|

1/25/2018 12:41 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

These look like racing cranks, I like em and would totally try em as I don't grind.

|

1/25/2018 12:48 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

These look like racing cranks, I like em and would totally try em as I don't grind.

They're definitely freestyle cranks though, and with that design, I imagine they'd hold up swell to grinding and abuse. Don't let that cut-out fool ya. At least in my eyes, I can't see any flaws with the design!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/25/2018 1:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They're definitely freestyle cranks though, and with that design, I imagine they'd hold up swell to grinding and abuse. Don't ...more

I dig em and see no faults....

|

1/25/2018 1:41 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

What's up with those?

I don't know a thing about the ...more

I don't trust anything that isn't full wrap welded at the spindle boss to be honest..well maybe thunderbolt cranks but being from an unknown brand idk

|

1/25/2018 2:19 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

She's Czech. But her parents are from what is now Slovakia. It's a running joke between us really, that she's Russian, and ...more

BcBMX80 wrote:

Gotcha, ha! yup my wife likes to bug me that I'm Russian and we all slavs anyway lol.

Well you pretty much are Russian though, right? Still wearing red? XD

|

1/25/2018 5:19 PM

These are cool . And everyone worried about how strong they are , I doubt 95% of the people commenting on this thread wouldn’t be able to snap them , myself included . I hope the company makes a good name for itself , I love seeing little companies make cool shit

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/25/2018 5:36 PM

Someone buy them and tell me how they are.

|

1/25/2018 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2018 5:36 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

What's up with those?

I don't know a thing about the ...more

Can't speak for any of the other cranksets but I'd definitely vouch for the Vocal Valentines. Some of the strongest, stiffest, most ankle friendly cranks I've had!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/25/2018 6:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Well you pretty much are Russian though, right? Still wearing red? XD

Lol hahaha nah, just trying to share Slav love like life of Boris on YouTube. @ Braydenbuckinham, agree 100% and I think I'm gunna order a pair if shipping is ok.

|

1/25/2018 8:04 PM

Thunderbolts.

|