360 - Smith - cracked Pleg

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2018 6:34 AM

These pegs were over 8mos of almost daily use and I had side hit them while missing the grind about twice but after this happened that's enough to make me put at least a longer or chromo core on.
I only ride these in the front (seems like I'd smash them on the rear) and have had no problems before. They're good pegs, just not the strongest.
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/5/2018 7:22 AM

Steel is real.

|

12/5/2018 8:40 AM

Maybe you should stop being so good? You're obviously more qualified than your parts. Just quit.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/5/2018 9:18 AM

get yoself some steel b http://grindworksbmx.storenvy.com/

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

12/5/2018 10:10 AM

Not all plastic compounds are all that great.

A few years back I bought 4x Shadow SOD pegs when they came out, thinking they'd be the shit. Each and every sleeve literally exploded within the first 2 weeks of riding them. It was absolutely pathetic & a waste of $80. I replaced 2 sleeves and they exploded immediately also, so I threw all 4 pegs away (after trying to ride the cores as metal pegs, which dent in after a few grinds.. There's not a single good part of those pegs lol)

Been on BSD Rude Tubes ever since. Feels like the same plastic, but doesn't explode upon contact. Available now with chromoly cores for the rear & aluminum cores for the front.?

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/5/2018 11:36 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Not all plastic compounds are all that great.

A few years back I bought 4x Shadow SOD pegs when they came out, thinking they'd be the shit. Each and every sleeve literally exploded within the first 2 weeks of riding them. It was absolutely pathetic & a waste of $80. I replaced 2 sleeves and they exploded immediately also, so I threw all 4 pegs away (after trying to ride the cores as metal pegs, which dent in after a few grinds.. There's not a single good part of those pegs lol)

Been on BSD Rude Tubes ever since. Feels like the same plastic, but doesn't explode upon contact. Available now with chromoly cores for the rear & aluminum cores for the front.?

I had the same experience with Shadow Little Ones. Absolute shite!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/5/2018 12:47 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I had the same experience with Shadow Little Ones. Absolute shite!

i have shadow little ones with sleeves and grind the most crusty ledges and theyre still holding up, they havnt cracked yet ive noticed the sleeves are alot thicker than other sleeves as well Photo

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

12/5/2018 12:55 PM

what was the temperature when you were riding?

plastic doesn't like cold.....

|

12/5/2018 2:08 PM

Just for the record my odyssey graduates and seeley or graduate sleeves have been great on cold days. I tried pvc over mpegs and they exploded same as that pleg about once a session for street but held up fine on the skatepark.

|

12/5/2018 2:24 PM

pvc is brittle....

|

12/5/2018 2:50 PM

pnj wrote:

pvc is brittle....

I'll never forget working for a piece of shit contractor one winter who made us shovel 6" of snow off the ground to then go and hang vinyl siding.

Finally get the scaffolding up, snow is cleared, etc. Pick up the first piece of siding and it SHATTERED. I looked at my boss and just shook my head.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/6/2018 12:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Not all plastic compounds are all that great.

A few years back I bought 4x Shadow SOD pegs when they came out, thinking they'd be the shit. Each and every sleeve literally exploded within the first 2 weeks of riding them. It was absolutely pathetic & a waste of $80. I replaced 2 sleeves and they exploded immediately also, so I threw all 4 pegs away (after trying to ride the cores as metal pegs, which dent in after a few grinds.. There's not a single good part of those pegs lol)

Been on BSD Rude Tubes ever since. Feels like the same plastic, but doesn't explode upon contact. Available now with chromoly cores for the rear & aluminum cores for the front.?

Another vote for Rude tubes from me

|

12/6/2018 5:28 AM

you're honestly surprised a piece of plastic broke after smacking it on concrete?

|

It’s all bmx

12/6/2018 7:45 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Not all plastic compounds are all that great.

A few years back I bought 4x Shadow SOD pegs when they came out, thinking they'd be the shit. Each and every sleeve literally exploded within the first 2 weeks of riding them. It was absolutely pathetic & a waste of $80. I replaced 2 sleeves and they exploded immediately also, so I threw all 4 pegs away (after trying to ride the cores as metal pegs, which dent in after a few grinds.. There's not a single good part of those pegs lol)

Been on BSD Rude Tubes ever since. Feels like the same plastic, but doesn't explode upon contact. Available now with chromoly cores for the rear & aluminum cores for the front.?

RumHam wrote:

Another vote for Rude tubes from me

Funny you would say that. Cuz that's actually what im on now. The cromoly core ones. I used to ride them but switched cuz I liked the Gsport lightness and they held up fine to everything else.

Photo

|

12/6/2018 7:47 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

you're honestly surprised a piece of plastic broke after smacking it on concrete?

Lol. Who would've thought right?
Well they HAD held up to everything else since early this year so yeah, I guess I had kinda forgotten they have limits.

|

12/6/2018 7:49 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'll never forget working for a piece of shit contractor one winter who made us shovel 6" of snow off the ground to then go and hang vinyl siding.

Finally get the scaffolding up, snow is cleared, etc. Pick up the first piece of siding and it SHATTERED. I looked at my boss and just shook my head.

I work in Home Remodeling and crews charge us so much more to work in the cold cuz they have to spend so much time heating the vinyl before cutting or installing it. ?

|

12/6/2018 7:54 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

I work in Home Remodeling and crews charge us so much more to work in the cold cuz they have to spend so much time heating the vinyl before cutting or installing it. ?

Such a fun industry! /sarcasm

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/6/2018 8:03 AM

pnj wrote:

what was the temperature when you were riding?

plastic doesn't like cold.....

It was a fresh 24°F
I'm sure the cold was the main factor as I had done lots of crazy shit with those pegs before and never heard a whisper from them.

|

12/6/2018 10:06 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

you're honestly surprised a piece of plastic broke after smacking it on concrete?

I didn’t take his post as he was at all surprised. I took it as he was simply sharing an experience he had with them. 8 months of use out of a plastic peg is incredible. My steel pegs wouldn’t even last that long back when I was riding a lot.

|