36h 3x vs 4x

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2013 10:03 PM

opinions


i want to learn how to do 4x on a 36h but every time i look it up i find message boards with retards telling the person a bunch of crap instead of actually helping

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/20/2013 10:15 PM

need longer spokes, and it's still the same way you do 3x, only go over 3 instead of 2, then go under the last one.


so when you do the outbound spokes, you'd cross over > over > over > under

|

12/20/2013 10:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

need longer spokes, and it's still the same way you do 3x, only go over 3 instead of 2, then go under the last one.


so when you do the outbound spokes, you'd cross over > over > over > under

this
just wondering, not being a dick, but why/ is there a reason for 4x lacing vs 3x lacking?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/20/2013 11:00 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this
just wondering, not being a dick, but why/ is there a reason for 4x lacing vs 3x lacking?

more crosses make for stiffer wheel, I don't exactly know the exact science behind it, something about triangulation. maybe someone else can elaborate further haha.

also helps out if you have spokes that are too long, I have a spare wheel built up with spokes that were too long for 3x, so I laced it 4x & it was a perfect fit

|

12/20/2013 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2013 11:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

more crosses make for stiffer wheel, I don't exactly know the exact science behind it, something about triangulation. maybe someone else can elaborate further haha.

also helps out if you have spokes that are too long, I have a spare wheel built up with spokes that were too long for 3x, so I laced it 4x & it was a perfect fit

It's because more strength can be distributed laterally than vertically

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/20/2013 11:29 PM

SickDude wrote:

It's because more strength can be distributed laterally than vertically

So before anyone attacks you I'm going to point out that laterally and horizontally are the same thing.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/20/2013 11:32 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

So before anyone attacks you I'm going to point out that laterally and horizontally are the same thing.

Wat

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/20/2013 11:38 PM

SickDude wrote:

It's because more strength can be distributed laterally than vertically

Xxohioanxx wrote:

So before anyone attacks you I'm going to point out that laterally and horizontally are the same thing.

SickDude wrote:

Wat

lol pwned
you obviously havent taken physics...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/20/2013 11:49 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

So before anyone attacks you I'm going to point out that laterally and horizontally are the same thing.

Hahaha win.

|

12/20/2013 11:53 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

So before anyone attacks you I'm going to point out that laterally and horizontally are the same thing.

SickDude wrote:

Wat

bmxsteve99 wrote:

lol pwned
you obviously havent taken physics...

Grow up. Ya loser

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/21/2013 4:48 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this
just wondering, not being a dick, but why/ is there a reason for 4x lacing vs 3x lacking?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

more crosses make for stiffer wheel, I don't exactly know the exact science behind it, something about triangulation. maybe someone else can elaborate further haha.

also helps out if you have spokes that are too long, I have a spare wheel built up with spokes that were too long for 3x, so I laced it 4x & it was a perfect fit

SickDude wrote:

It's because more strength can be distributed laterally than vertically

thank you guys for the positive answers =)

its okay sickdude i know you did that on purpose made me laugh wink

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/21/2013 11:05 AM

SickDude wrote:

Wat

bmxsteve99 wrote:

lol pwned
you obviously havent taken physics...

SickDude wrote:

Grow up. Ya loser

how the fuck am i a loser?
straight a's, working towards an associates degree in solidworks and inventor before school is over this year
you? some preppy fucking private school fag who scooters?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/21/2013 11:12 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

how the fuck am i a loser?
straight a's, working towards an associates degree in solidworks and inventor before school is over this year
you? some preppy fucking private school fag who scooters?

You feel the need to constantly call me out on here. You are obviously a loser. Go smoke some ya chubby stoner

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/21/2013 11:13 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

lol pwned
you obviously havent taken physics...

SickDude wrote:

Grow up. Ya loser

bmxsteve99 wrote:

how the fuck am i a loser?
straight a's, working towards an associates degree in solidworks and inventor before school is over this year
you? some preppy fucking private school fag who scooters?

You follow Jesse around like a lost puppy. But Jesse is better at every single thing than you

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/21/2013 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2013 11:52 AM

the 4x pattern leaves you with more spoke on spoke contact. Force is distributed better on a wheel with more spoke contact points.. also stiffer.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/21/2013 12:00 PM

SickDude wrote:

You follow Jesse around like a lost puppy. But Jesse is better at every single thing than you

Don't associate my name with bringing anyone down other than you. Everyone here is equal besides you.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/21/2013 2:55 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Don't associate my name with bringing anyone down other than you. Everyone here is equal besides you.

Damn fool just got owned.. SickDude I don't think anyone here actually likes you.. Their might be one or 2 that don't wanna be mean but other then that theirs no one.. Your still here because your trying to get the 5k wheel set.. That's it, otherwise you'd be long gone... Go to a scooter forum

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/21/2013 4:39 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Damn fool just got owned.. SickDude I don't think anyone here actually likes you.. Their might be one or 2 that don't wanna be mean but other then that theirs no one.. Your still here because your trying to get the 5k wheel set.. That's it, otherwise you'd be long gone... Go to a scooter forum

I tried to side with him until he became a shit talking bitch that fucked with anyone that tried to help him. Now he can go fuck himself in the ass with his mom's vibrator for all I care.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital