4130 chromoly

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2017 10:06 AM

Is 4130 is bad ?

|

1/7/2017 10:21 AM

Nope. It's super good, actually. Just stay away from high-tensile steel.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/7/2017 12:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2017 12:23 PM

4130 Chromoly is what you want. It's funny how they just call whatever the other metal they use on bikes high-tensile steel because that is technically what 4130 Chromoly is - a type of high-tensile steel. So depending on what type of high-tensile steel they use it may or may not be a bad thing. I don't know why companies don't just say what exactly it is as as soon as people see hi-ten steel they're like, "Nope." but if companies informed people what they were using with actual product names people may not be as turned off. There are kinds of hi-ten steel that really aren't that bad at all, aside from maybe being slightly heavier.

Edit: Lots info on Chrom VS Hi-ten here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=243051

|

1/7/2017 1:23 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

4130 Chromoly is what you want. It's funny how they just call whatever the other metal they use on bikes high-tensile steel because that is technically what 4130 Chromoly is - a type of high-tensile steel. So depending on what type of high-tensile steel they use it may or may not be a bad thing. I don't know why companies don't just say what exactly it is as as soon as people see hi-ten steel they're like, "Nope." but if companies informed people what they were using with actual product names people may not be as turned off. There are kinds of hi-ten steel that really aren't that bad at all, aside from maybe being slightly heavier.

Edit: Lots info on Chrom VS Hi-ten here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=243051

But 4130 chromoly is stronger than 1020 gi ten ?

|

1/7/2017 2:26 PM

Liutauras wrote:

Yup

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/7/2017 3:53 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Liutauras wrote:

It sounds like someone who is wrong told you hi-ten is better. 4130 is what all high-end aftermarket frames are made from(well for street, park, flat and dirt anyway). Tell your buddy he is wrong and 4130 Chromoly is the best material for a BMX bike.

|

1/7/2017 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2017 4:26 PM

4130 is the Bmx industry standard. It is best.

|

1/7/2017 6:10 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Liutauras wrote:

Yes AND it's lighter too.
Costs more cause it's better, so if you can do it, get it, and if you can't, not end of the world, but get it next time.

The old saying goes:

Strong - light - inexpensive: you can pick 2 out of 3. wink

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

1/7/2017 11:20 PM

I bought 4130 chromoly :D

|

1/9/2017 8:38 PM

as a welder i can tell you the 4 in 4130 is the tensile strength so 1020 the 1 is the tensile strength so 4130 is 4X stronger than 1020

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype