4180 challenge

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2019 12:33 PM

Or whatever it’s called. Just wondering if any of you guys tried it. I gave it a quick nibble today and surprised myself getting the oppo 180 and switch 180 after a couple of attempts. I didn’t commit to the oppo switch 180 because it felt disgusting.

I kind of learnt oppo 180’s a year or so ago to make front pedal feeb to easy feel a bit more natural. But never really put much effort into getting them dialled because they felt horrible

|

7/30/2019 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2019 12:51 PM

Lol, I actually am in the middle of filming the final 180, the super awkward oppo-switch one. I too was surprised that I got the switch-footed one in under 10 tries.

Although, I don't know which way I 180 naturally, so I think I'm doing things the correct way lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

7/30/2019 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2019 1:00 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Or whatever it’s called. Just wondering if any of you guys tried it. I gave it a quick nibble today and surprised myself getting the oppo 180 and switch 180 after a couple of attempts. I didn’t commit to the oppo switch 180 because it felt disgusting.

I kind of learnt oppo 180’s a year or so ago to make front pedal feeb to easy feel a bit more natural. But never really put much effort into getting them dialled because they felt horrible

I have tried oppo spin-regular footed 180's and I can do them on banks but I have trouble on flat. Also switch footed regular and oppo 180's, I have yet to try; Not worth it for me. Lol

|

7/30/2019 1:01 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Lol, I actually am in the middle of filming the final 180, the super awkward oppo-switch one. I too was surprised that I got the switch-footed one in under 10 tries.

Although, I don't know which way I 180 naturally, so I think I'm doing things the correct way lol.

Yeah the regular 180 switch foot feels a bit weird, but they come round almost as easily as regular footed.

Anything oppo or switch feels gross to me though, I’ve never felt comfortable with either. But I used to skate and done a lot of nollie stuff

|

7/30/2019 1:11 PM

I tried it purely because I saw the videos and thought ‘how hard can it be?’. I can get the first 3 fine, but the opposite switch 180 Just felt like I was destined to eat shit and roll my ankle or something! so I left it at that, never to be tried again!

|

7/30/2019 2:42 PM

Couple dudes at the park were talking about it and maybe it’s just because I’m shit footed but I did it first try no problem. Almost fucked up on the opposite switch footed 180 but still got it. perks of being fuck footed? haha

|

7/31/2019 4:04 AM

I'm in the process of packing to move in a couple weeks, so my bikes have been parked for the most part (aside from the road bike to get to and from work).

Hopefully I can get out and tinker a bit. Been a solid month + since I have really done any riding besides cruise to work.

New house has a little jibby free park a mile away, and I will bring the BMX to work and hit the new setup in my current town once they finish.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/31/2019 8:42 AM

Have been planning on giving this a go for a while, it's a pretty cool idea. I'll definitely give it a crack this week, but it certainly won't be pleasant viewing!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

8/3/2019 8:49 AM

I got it first try when we were out on a street mission then we tried 4 360 challenge and I got 3 off OPPO one had a little bit of a tap then couldn't switch OPPO 3 but my buddy landed them all.

|

I believe in hub guard protection