48 splines wont come off!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2013 3:52 PM

So I used a crank puller & everything & I didnt make it anywhere. They didnt even budge.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/14/2013 3:53 PM

I greased the spindle REALLY good & everything. Cranks are Ezra geists.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 3:57 PM

Do you have a Rubber Mallet? If you don't get a block of wood & a regular hammer give it a few good smacks try & stay in the center of the crank arm you do NOT want to damage the crank arm at all! If it doesn't come off it might loosen it up a bit for the puller to do the rest of the work. One last thing don't mean to be a dick but are you using the crank puller correctly lol. With the Profile ones i have they have 2 pieces one slides over the other to tighten them & then you slide one piece off & the piece with the Hex/Octagonal whatever it is end that the spanner goes on winds in & you give that a fair smack & the crank arm should just fall off!

|

6/14/2013 4:08 PM

Topsey wrote:

Do you have a Rubber Mallet? If you don't get a block of wood & a regular hammer give it a few good smacks try & stay in the center of the crank arm you do NOT want to damage the crank arm at all! If it doesn't come off it might loosen it up a bit for the puller to do the rest of the work. One last thing don't mean to be a dick but are you using the crank puller correctly lol. With the Profile ones i have they have 2 pieces one slides over the other to tighten them & then you slide one piece off & the piece with the Hex/Octagonal whatever it is end that the spanner goes on winds in & you give that a fair smack & the crank arm should just fall off!

Yeah I take off the top part & it threads in.
I already tried the hammer part & it didnt do crap.
So I think Its bike shop time when I wanna change sprockets.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 4:11 PM

Find another bolt that will thread into the spindle just like the compression bolt but leave it unscrewed by like two turns. Smack the piss out of the bolt till the arm moves then loosen it off another two turns and repeat.

By greasing did you do it before or have you just crc'd it now ?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/14/2013 4:14 PM

Gump wrote:

Find another bolt that will thread into the spindle just like the compression bolt but leave it unscrewed by like two turns. Smack the piss out of the bolt till the arm moves then loosen it off another two turns and repeat.

By greasing did you do it before or have you just crc'd it now ?

When I first installed them. Havent been off since then.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 4:26 PM

I just get an extension for a socket wrench and put it in the cranks where the bolts go and beat it with a hammer until the cranks fall off. i don't like using bolts because that'll fuck the threads on the cranks. I also put liquid wrench on them. works every time. just make sure to use the round end of it and not the square end on the cranks. or it'll dig into the thread

|

6/14/2013 4:24 PM

Well, I guess im just gonna see if my lbs can get them off sometime. I feel like im gonna get the crank puller stuck.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 4:25 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

I just get an extension for a socket wrench and put it in the cranks where the bolts go and beat it with a hammer until the cranks fall off. i don't like using bolts because that'll fuck the threads on the cranks. I also put liquid wrench on them. works every time. just make sure to use the round end of it and not the square end on the cranks. or it'll dig into the thread

Didnt work tried that already. Im assuming someone will have to have a breaker bar to get these off.

|

Instagram