48 spoke wheel any1?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2015 8:11 AM

What are your thoughts in 2015 about 48 spoke wheels?
My rear wheel is 48 spokes. I don't mind it but its kinda unbalanced with the 36 spoke front.

|


please embed videos


My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/18/2015 10:30 AM

Unless you are hopping off roofs, not necessary. I weigh 257 lbs and have 3 cross 36 spoke wheels. I true them maybe once every couple of months.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2015 10:32 AM

That was standard a few years back. I went from 36/36 (3/8" axel) to 48/36 (15mm/3/8") to 48/48 (15mm/15mm) to 36/36 (15mm/3/8") they all feel unbalanced. The rearend just wieghs more because of your bottom bracket, rearhub, drivetran, etc... There isn't that much up front.

|

4/18/2015 10:41 AM

My friend runs a pornhub to an alex triple wall front and rear.

|

4/18/2015 11:18 AM

Nwewinit wrote:

That was standard a few years back. I went from 36/36 (3/8" axel) to 48/36 (15mm/3/8") to 48/48 (15mm/15mm) to 36/36 (15mm/3/8") they all feel unbalanced. The rearend just wieghs more because of your bottom bracket, rearhub, drivetran, etc... There isn't that much up front.

Even I know that much!pinch

|


please embed videos


My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/18/2015 3:35 PM

I do run 48 ribcages front and back. They are not real heavy or anything. The only difference I noticed is that I dont need to true them

|

4/18/2015 4:04 PM

funfrontbrake wrote:

I do run 48 ribcages front and back. They are not real heavy or anything. The only difference I noticed is that I dont need to true them

Yea I run a 48 in the back and they're pretty stiff and solid haven't had to true them in years. I run a 36 in the front and it requires to be trued every couple months.

|

4/18/2015 5:26 PM

I had 48 rear and 36 front on my last setup and it felt unbalanced too. I had the relearn manual after switching to both 48. They are not that heavy but it look like a lil weight diff. make a big change

|

4/18/2015 7:03 PM

If I could find a gsport homer axle I would be running 48 front and back.

I like the idea of not having to true my wheels as often since I'm running two brakes and I land like a sack of shit when I ride

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/19/2015 3:46 AM

People saying about the weight...
remember what Sean Burns said during the 48's promo?

|

Bruh

4/19/2015 8:01 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

My friend runs a pornhub to an alex triple wall front and rear.

god dayum. now those are some wheels

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/19/2015 5:49 PM

My wheel setup is 36 gsport ratchet to ribcage and a 48 (47 since day one) gsport monkey to ribcage. Ride a 48.
Feels nice and solid and looks nicer as well

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/19/2015 9:00 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

My friend runs a pornhub to an alex triple wall front and rear.

sketchytravis wrote:

god dayum. now those are some wheels

He runs ot on an old mosh. Dk crossiron pefals, big ass dinnerplate, redneck stem, scerbo bars, Michelin mambos front and back. The bike is a beast. But he has another bike he always rides.

|

4/20/2015 12:36 AM

You wanna talk about strength I use to run a 48 odyssey 7ka rim to profile 48 ss cassette hub with a solid axle now I run a 48rib cage to profile 48 ss cassette with a solid ti axle same shit but strong as fuck

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

4/20/2015 3:41 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

You wanna talk about strength I use to run a 48 odyssey 7ka rim to profile 48 ss cassette hub with a solid axle now I run a 48rib cage to profile 48 ss cassette with a solid ti axle same shit but strong as fuck

Hell of a wheel there.

|