48spoke hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2013 4:00 PM

Looking for People that still rock 48spokes hubs let me know why you are still riding 48spokes hubs and why you haven't switched to 36spoke hubs

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

10/14/2013 4:36 PM

Getting my oddy V3 48 spoke laced up at my lbs.
I'm going onto 48s because race car.
Honestly at 230lbs, it just feels safer.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

10/14/2013 4:43 PM

I was riding 48s for ever then i changed only because i wanted the new Gsport hubs and i couldnt find them in 48h
Main thng with 48s is reliability people say "oh yeah but 36H is just as good as 48h used to be" yeah well ever think if they kept making 48h they would still be the best you could get.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/14/2013 5:06 PM

Most people rock 36 because they can withstand pretty much anything riders pro/non pro can through at them. They're also simpler to build and maintain. Plus you save a whole 12 spokes worth of weight, making triple front flips ten times easier. I've never owned a 36h rim on the rear. 48s spin straighter longer and have more reliability on fat impacts. In the end it's whatevs. Wheels is wheels.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/14/2013 5:11 PM

48 are stronger. Gsport wasn't even going to make 36h parts, but the demand was there, so it just made sense to make them. 36 can be strong, with the correct alloys, but, the same exact wheel in 48 will always be stronger. I'm running a 48h Gsport wheel set, and I love them. Also, at 265, I could feel the 36's flex if I landed a bit off.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/14/2013 5:15 PM

Lbs has a 48h 7ka been on the shelf for 3+ years. I'm gonna try to cop it for $20

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/14/2013 5:29 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

48 are stronger. Gsport wasn't even going to make 36h parts, but the demand was there, so it just made sense to make them. 36 can be strong, with the correct alloys, but, the same exact wheel in 48 will always be stronger. I'm running a 48h Gsport wheel set, and I love them. Also, at 265, I could feel the 36's flex if I landed a bit off.

Are you running 48 front and back how long have you running that set and how has it held up for you

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

10/14/2013 7:53 PM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

Are you running 48 front and back how long have you running that set and how has it held up for you

Yeah, Rib/Ratchet rear, Rib Monkey front. I'll have to dig through my bike check to figure out when I built them March or April of 2012 I think. I have only rechecked the spokes once, and they have stayed true the whole time.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/14/2013 8:16 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

bmx4life121303 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Yeah, Rib/Ratchet rear, Rib Monkey front. I'll have to dig through my bike check to figure out when I built them March or April of 2012 I think. I have only rechecked the spokes once, and they have stayed true the whole time.

Nice nice I'm really thinking about running 48 front and back but have been told I won't be able to run hub guards with the hubs I'm getting and can you post a pic of them

|