5 YEAR OLD BMX NEED HELP!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2011 5:48 PM

Hello,
Looking to start my grandson who is 5 yrs old in racing bmx, looking for a Bike, any suggestions...any would be helpful.

|

8/3/2011 5:53 PM

price range?

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

8/3/2011 6:07 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

price range?

ya this and how tall is he and is he going to race a lot or just every once in a while because racing is all i do and you need a good bike for it and when you are a little kid the lighter the better

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

8/3/2011 6:15 PM

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/bikes/bmx-race look at the micro or the juniors but if that is not in your price range tell me and i can help more oh and his height can help me tell u exact bike he needs bc some 5 year olds can ride bigger bike and some need smaller

|

8/3/2011 7:47 PM

Haro and GT have some good ones to start on also.
|

8/3/2011 8:20 PM

Fondue wrote: Haro and GT have some good ones to start on also.

ya gt is good for racing but price wise they are not worth it and haro imo only has good older kid race bikes se bikes are also good starter racing bikes that is what i ride

|

8/3/2011 10:11 PM

i have a redline 340rl forsale if you wanna buy it? 20'' wheels and 19'' tt

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/4/2011 6:53 AM

future FBM wrote:

Probably not the best choice for a 5-year old wanting to race.

|

8/4/2011 6:55 AM

future FBM wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Probably not the best choice for a 5-year old wanting to race.

haha ya

|

8/4/2011 11:37 AM

Pics of your child or gtfo hahhaa kidding

|

8/4/2011 11:45 AM

rideunitedmothership wrote:

Pics of your child or gtfo hahhaa kidding

PAEDO.

|

BIKE CHECK FOR AMANDA!!!!!
united beacon frame is legit.

8/4/2011 4:00 PM

id go with the haro junior if hes just begining and as he gets better and more into it you can just start adding better parts because if he doesnt like racing then you didnt blow to much money and its the shortest top tube length i know of i may be wrong tho i believe its 18.5 " the only real thing that could be an issue on it is the unsealed hubs but haro also comes with a trade in thingy so that once he out grows it he can get a huge discount on another bike by trading it in and the trade in policy also works for premium bikes but you also never specified if he would be racing in 24" or 20"

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

8/4/2011 8:40 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

id go with the haro junior if hes just begining and as he gets better and more into it you can just start adding better parts ...more

redline cost about the same and they have sealed hubs just saying

|

8/5/2011 8:58 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

id go with the haro junior if hes just begining and as he gets better and more into it you can just start adding better parts ...more

gtbikes wrote:

redline cost about the same and they have sealed hubs just saying

i cant put my word on redline because ive never had a redline bike

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

8/7/2011 2:21 PM

Hes only starting out , dont want to spend a ton ,under 300.00, to start. He says he wants to do it , but who knows at that age, willing to let him try, hes kinda little about 36 lbs and 3'3" and by next summer who knows...lol. and hes only going to be racing summer months, we live in Western NY, cant race a ton. but for now this is it....thanks for all everyones help.

|

8/7/2011 3:01 PM

not being helpful but that's awesome. Rad parents.

|