6 year old new rider

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2011 5:14 AM

started this account for my 6 year old son, who recently decided he wanted to take up the sport of racin bmx. he has been rideing a bike since he was 3 without the training wheels so he is pretty good on the bike bought him a redline rival for his firsty bmx bike a couple days ago, he has only been to the track once and i think he did pretty good. he ids going to have his first race sunday. i have no experiance in bmx and wouldn love any advice that we can get thanks

|

5/24/2011 5:17 AM

just let him have fun with it, and don't push him to do it if he decides he dont want to.

|

"I'd rather grind a rail then be in heaven" ~ Garrett Reynolds!
text ~ 269-262-8763
Refs:
]3ig-]2ob-352, Harry95, Abod, legendsx23, fitbike7447, iridebmxerveryday(x3),
TheKinker2010, Billizle, dave805, RedCrayon, dk disaster.

5/24/2011 5:20 AM

tyler_rides! wrote:

just let him have fun with it, and don't push him to do it if he decides he dont want to.

this

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICK bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH

5/24/2011 6:57 AM

Dont, push him, and when it comes to parts let him decide and learn whats good and bad.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/24/2011 7:00 AM

It's always nice to have new riders!

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/24/2011 8:13 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Dont, push him, and when it comes to parts let him decide and learn whats good and bad.

I would at the least do some research though.

Check out your local shops and see who carries what etc. They can give great advice, also talk to other parents at the track. They will likely have some experience with it, and will have great things they can talk to you about.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/24/2011 9:23 AM

Have some of the experienced racers help him learn to balance in the gate. And don't force him to clip pedals until he's ready. Alot of kids are in clips at the track i ride, and I don't really think they're ready since they can't even balance at the start gate
Also, just let him ride and have fun. last time I was racing there was some random mom yelling at her son because he let up at the finish and didn't blow out the rest of the riders. He still won his Moto and main, but you could tell he wan't enjoying it anymore

|

5/24/2011 1:17 PM

get a bike and ride with him theres nothing better then riding with your dad

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun