6'7 tall wanna ride bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2019 12:14 PM

So basically BMX has always been something really cool for me.... I always wanted to try it but I think I'm tooooooooooo tall for that. I'm 18 right now 6'7 tall, my body is normal not fat, not some bodybuilder big muscle guy and not skinny. Just normal. I always liked the BMX riding and recently I started with a friend's bike. It's small for me obviously but I really enjoy it like REALLY. So what do you guys think....am I too tall for BMX?

|

8/14/2019 12:23 PM

My brother's 6'6 and he's one of the best riders I've ever met(although, I'd deny ever saying that ). The only difficulty will be finding a setup to suit you.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/14/2019 12:24 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

My brother's 6'6 and he's one of the best riders I've ever met(although, I'd deny ever saying that ). The only difficulty will be finding a setup to suit you.

What does your brother ride?

|

8/14/2019 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2019 12:39 PM

DjarDjar wrote:

What does your brother ride?

He's a bit of an oddball as far as people of his size go. He'll just as happily jump on an 18" as a big 24" build.

At the moment, he's riding my old Sunday Soundwave v2 which has a 20.75" TT with some random 9" bars he got from a friend a few years ago and an Odyssey Lincoln Topload stem. That setup would be considered quite small for him but he says it's one of the most comfortable bikes he's had.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/14/2019 12:47 PM

Find out what that bjarki guy rides. Hes on Dhadow conspiracy. He looks super tall and Im sure he has a bike check up somewhere.

|

8/14/2019 1:27 PM

I think a longer stem would do you good at least 63mm, also recommend the s&m elevenz handlebars
Not really sure what frame though, i would imagine something with a 21.5” top tube or bigger

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/14/2019 1:31 PM

Someone else just posted about a similar situation. To repeat what was said there, a longer toptube would likely suit you well, something either 21" or slightly above.

A tall-ish front end might also feel better. S&M makes 10" and 11" rise bars. If you wanted to make it even taller, running a topload stem would do that. I currently run a 10" rise S&M bar and topload. Some say it looks weird, but it relieved me of back pain when riding. I'm about 5', 7" but I've come to prefer a super tall setup. That being said, you might enjoy a lower setup, it all depends on the rider.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

8/14/2019 1:50 PM

Nope, you can't ride. You'd have to be 6ft 6.9" , 78.9" or 200.406cm or under to be able to ride. I'm a medical professional, so I know what I'm talking about. Also any frame beyond 21" TT is a myth, don't listen to anyone here they're all crazy, dont' get me started on those saying they saw a 22" around in the woods. Tinfoil hats I say.

|

8/14/2019 2:29 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Nope, you can't ride. You'd have to be 6ft 6.9" , 78.9" or 200.406cm or under to be able to ride. I'm a medical professional, so I know what I'm talking about. Also any frame beyond 21" TT is a myth, don't listen to anyone here they're all crazy, dont' get me started on those saying they saw a 22" around in the woods. Tinfoil hats I say.

But like.... I'm 6'7 and as you say I have to be under 6'9 solo what are you talking about lol?

|

8/14/2019 2:59 PM

DjarDjar wrote:

But like.... I'm 6'7 and as you say I have to be under 6'9 solo what are you talking about lol?

he means 6'6.9"

|

8/14/2019 3:11 PM

Cellmember wrote:

DjarDjar wrote:

Hyebri wrote:

he means 6'6.9"

I'm pretty sure that's true, I just read it on the internet.

|

8/14/2019 10:42 PM

You’ll get loads of suggestions about what set up to get. But the hardest part will be finding a complete with a long enough toptube. I’m not sure if parts kits are still available, but if you can find one of them, then get a long aftermarket frame, that’d probably be your best bet

|

8/15/2019 3:37 AM

Get a long frame with tall bars and it should be good.
The BSD safari frame would suit you well with a huge 21.8 top tube, it’s the signature frame from a gigantic rider Reed Stark, check his videos if you want to see a tall guy shred the streets.

If you can’t afford to build a full custom the best thing you can do is to buy a good complete around 500 bucks, then swap the frame for a safari because I never saw a complete over 21 inches (21 being the perfect size for someone 6 feet tall but not suited for a giant)

|

8/15/2019 9:17 AM

Fit and GT both make completes over 21 inches. The Fit Harti and GT Conway.

|

8/15/2019 11:00 AM

You should YouTube search Neil Harrington , dude used to ride for mutiny on a short frame and he was super tall , dude killed it

|

8/15/2019 11:40 AM

6’7? Head to the NBA

|