74.5 or 75

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2013 9:05 PM

Im stuck between two frames one has 74.5 will that feel weird for tailwhips and barspins and will it limit any other trick

|

8/21/2013 9:08 PM

Not at all, I've had 74.5 and 75. Theres not a ton of difference in how they feel, at least to me there isnt.

|

8/21/2013 9:08 PM

75 for all around. 74.5 if you like to go fast.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/21/2013 9:13 PM

74.5 for life

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/21/2013 9:15 PM

i've only rode75 on my own bikes but i've tried 74.5 and 75.5 and i didnt notice anything different except the one with the 75.5 with 13mm strands.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/21/2013 9:18 PM

i can'tnotice the difference

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/21/2013 9:20 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Makes zero sense

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/21/2013 9:22 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Makes zero sense

Yes it does. 75 is pretty much the average, stable but still responsive. 74.5 is more stable at speed but not as responsive, thus being better for people who like to go fast.

In reality though, there is not much of a difference.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/21/2013 10:21 PM

I just switched from 74.5 to 75 and like to go fast. Feels alot better.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/22/2013 3:19 AM

I've got both angles on different bikes and there is a slight difference, it won't prevent you from doing anything either way but it is right that the 74.5 will feel more stable at high speeds and will have a slightly wider turning circle, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to go fast with a 75, I mean its half a degree in difference, its nothing really.

with any change in geo that affects responsiveness, its just the agility of the frame that is affected, but at the end of the day its a bmx bike and bmx bikes are used to ride bmx (go figure)

The two extremes of the geometry spectrum separate 2 different qualities in a frame, one is stability the other is agility, your only decision is to choose which you would prefer, its one or the other and neither make that much difference at the end of the day anyway because your riding can always counteract any loss of either.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/22/2013 5:49 AM

tomdon wrote:

i can'tnotice the difference

this

|

fack off

8/22/2013 6:45 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Makes zero sense

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yes it does. 75 is pretty much the average, stable but still responsive. 74.5 is more stable at speed but not as responsive, thus being better for people who like to go fast.

In reality though, there is not much of a difference.

I go fast with 75 with primo strands then again it is all about bike control

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/22/2013 7:28 AM

I go fast with 75 with primo strands then again it is all about bike control

I never said you can't go fast. It's just that 74.5 would be better for most people that like to go fast. You're not limited in either way with either angle. Like I said there's almost no noticeable difference.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/22/2013 9:19 AM

Only thing I notice is when I went from a 74.5 to a 75.5 was my handle bars felt way forward. Even when lined up with the forks. Cause even though its only 1 degree difference, the distance from your headtube to your bars makes it feel a lot different.

So for those who don't understand what I mean... 21 inch top tube with a 74.5 head tube will feel shorter than 21 inch top tube with a 75.5 head tube. If your bars are aligned with your forks.

|

8/22/2013 3:32 PM

i prefer 75, as it is halfway between regular (74.5) and responsive (75.5) so i get the best of both worlds

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/22/2013 4:41 PM

Really it's all about 74.5 or 75.5.

You won't notice .5 of a degree. It won't make you nose manual or go faster either. Its just helps a tad bit , yunno?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short