8 rise to 8.5

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2014 8:30 AM

hey guys at the time in running s and m slams 8 rise and cut 27 wide , i love these bars but i feel its time for a change the bars make me feel a litttle uncomfortable and for barspins they line right up with my knee so it hurts a ton when they get hit , i really wanna get bigger bars now . The shadow vultus bars are 8.5 rise and 28 wide on danscomp for 55 . i feel like with 8.5 high bars i would get hit my lower thigh instead of knee on bars and overall get more pop on 3s , what else should i expect when moving up to a higher bar size ? btw im about 5 foot 9

|

6/30/2014 10:30 AM

Your question cannot be answered accurately because there are so many variables involved. You'll have to go ride and see what you prefer. I'm 6'3" and taller bars help my back, that's about all I can tell you.

|

6/30/2014 10:38 AM

Let me tell ya, with my 8.25s I said the same thing, "oh these are lined up with my knee, I cant barspin with these, I need bigger bars." Now I run 9" Strips and actually trying barspins, I have never once been hit above my shin with the 9"s. They may be lined up with your knee standing on your bike, but in the motion of throwing the barspin it will be lined up around the middle of your shin.

Also, getting bigger bars wont raise the point of where they would hit anyway. It would most likely just make your front wheel lower when you hop, which can make learning them even harder.

That being said, the shadow bars seem to be AHMAZING. I would definitely get them if I were you!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/30/2014 10:42 AM

I agree with what Tim said. I have the Shadow Vultus bars in 8.25" rise and I LOVE them.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)