9t hub vs. 8t hub

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2015 10:10 PM

Whats the difference with these and what is better about one more than the other

|

The Redneck BMX Rider
Instagram:cruebmx

1/26/2015 11:00 PM

I prefer 9 so much more. Its smooth and out of the way enough. I tried an 8t, it was a primo mix. Solid hub and driver lasted fine, just so small in diameter that it ate any chain that touched it. Even with a dsg I still snapped my chain prolly 10-15 times a day. Worst experience ever. Would love another mix, but not in 8t

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/26/2015 11:11 PM

9t is easier on wear and usually has better bearings.

Primo did a great job with bearings in their 8t drivers by using needle bearings. My 8t Remixes ate all my chains except my KMC 410H which held up fine for over a year and still kicking. I would love to run 25/8 again.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/26/2015 11:51 PM

tomdon wrote:

I prefer 9 so much more. Its smooth and out of the way enough. I tried an 8t, it was a primo mix. Solid hub and driver lasted ...more

10-15 times per day...I'm calling massive amounts of bullshit.

|

1/27/2015 12:05 AM

tomdon wrote:

I prefer 9 so much more. Its smooth and out of the way enough. I tried an 8t, it was a primo mix. Solid hub and driver lasted ...more

bobPA wrote:

Me too i call bullshit.

|

1/27/2015 8:32 AM

tomdon wrote:

bobPA wrote:

This.

I'd bet like once a week. Maybe twice.

I would also bet that user error resulted in the chain resnapping on the same spot assuming it happened 2 times in a short amount of time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2015 8:35 AM

If your going to go 8 you better be runnin a 44 tooth dinner plate up front

|