A BIG Thank you to the Vital community!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2018 4:25 PM

A month ago I hadn't ridden a bike in nearly a decade. I didn't even own a bike. Since making my first thread here (3/14/18) the community has given me so much advice, helped me choose a bike, and even searched local listings for me from across the country and found the bike I now proudly ride. (big thanks to HondaCRFRacer).

Today was my fourth day out riding, still getting the basics but having the most fun I have had in long time. Until today I haven't seen any other riders at my local park (Walker Mill, just south of DC) A guy showed up today, really really good. We talked, he gave me some advice, exchanged numbers, super down to earth guy. Dude was Brian Kachinsky! I am beyond stoked after my first week of riding and can't wait to see where the sport takes me.

Even those I haven't talked to, know I read your posts, your experiences, your advice. It motivates me so much. Thank you to all of you. I really appreciate the time the BMX community has taken to welcome those new to the sport. Hope to have the chance to ride with you someday!

Cheers

|

4/2/2018 5:31 PM

Hell yea bro

|

4/2/2018 5:34 PM

Awesome dude! Thanks for the little shout out!cool That's awsome you're having fun and enjoy riding bro!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/2/2018 6:38 PM

Dude, the Laurel skatepark looks like so much fun. Wait until we hit that!

|

4/2/2018 6:49 PM

You met Brian Kachinsky at a park randomly, your fourth day riding? Holy shit man...that’s fate.

Shred til you’re dead! We’re glad to have you, this is a great group of people.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/2/2018 7:52 PM

Bigfoot4Pres wrote:

A month ago I hadn't ridden a bike in nearly a decade. I didn't even own a bike. Since making my first thread here (3/14/18) the community has given me so much advice, helped me choose a bike, and even searched local listings for me from across the country and found the bike I now proudly ride. (big thanks to HondaCRFRacer).

Today was my fourth day out riding, still getting the basics but having the most fun I have had in long time. Until today I haven't seen any other riders at my local park (Walker Mill, just south of DC) A guy showed up today, really really good. We talked, he gave me some advice, exchanged numbers, super down to earth guy. Dude was Brian Kachinsky! I am beyond stoked after my first week of riding and can't wait to see where the sport takes me.

Even those I haven't talked to, know I read your posts, your experiences, your advice. It motivates me so much. Thank you to all of you. I really appreciate the time the BMX community has taken to welcome those new to the sport. Hope to have the chance to ride with you someday!

Cheers

Lucky man. I’d chill with Brian Kachinsky, even though GTs completes are way too expensive for what they offer and they need to know it.
Who am I kidding? I’ve been riding this sport for years now and I’ve never met a pro. Glad to hear you are doing good on your bike man.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/3/2018 12:39 AM

That's awesome man, glad you're enjoying it! Keep it up!

|

4/3/2018 12:52 AM

Thats dope man. After all of difference people's what bike should I get threads of late I'm very glad that it paid off for someone.
Just ride and have fun dude.

|

Hmmm

4/3/2018 5:15 AM

This is why I love bikes. A dude who is super good at bikes is cool with riding with new/returning dudes.

I love seeing people get better at something they are trying, and being stoked on bikes/life!

Keep at it man!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/3/2018 5:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 6:00 AM

That’s one of the things I love about BMX. You can meet pros anywhere and they’re super chill. I met Harry Main a few months ago but despite all the shit going on with Mafia, Harry himself is a pretty nice guy. Also met Callum Bibby last week when he was at rampworx and Benny L a while ago. In fact you can just meet new people in general. Made so many friends through bmx it’s insane and everyone is usually super nice. Most of the tricks I know now I’ve had help learning from people I’d just met!

|

An Indian on a small bike

4/3/2018 8:37 AM

Let's wait a year and then we'll see the change...

You're so lucky to have met a pro, man! I'm on the lookout for those but havent come across one yet.

Keep riding till you die. #BMX4LIFE and I'm serious.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/3/2018 9:12 AM

Skylight wrote:

You're so lucky to have met a pro, man! I'm on the lookout for those but havent come across one yet.

Just become the local pro! #problemsolved

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/3/2018 2:48 PM

Skylight wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Just become the local pro! #problemsolved

Haha Dave, you made me genuinely laugh...

No way I'm ever going to become the local pro. Some guys here were born on BMXes. They ride nothing else but BMX and are real BMX hardcore riders. Their riding is so good it makes me want to shit my pants and make my shameful easy lines blush the crap out of me.

But as long as I'm having fun, I don't give a shit, we all started at the same level some day!

So yeah, there are quite a few good riders here, just not sponsored by any bike company the "international" BMX community knows of.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/6/2018 12:57 PM

That's awesome man! I live south of DC as well. Maybe we can link up one day and ride. But I'm glad you're enjoying your self and the forum. Cheers

|

4/7/2018 1:35 AM

Whoa, meeting Brian this early on? It's a sign. smile Glad you're havin' a blast!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn