A cool story for you bros

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 8:39 PM

Recovered a stolen bike today! It was stolen about 6 months ago, and today this kid who rides hit me up & was like hey I found Devin's bike. So he met me somewhere & took me to the kid's house. Apparently the kid tried selling it to him so we went up to his door & knocked, he comes out & is like what's up? I was like "Hey man I hear you got a bike for sale?" He's all pumpe and is like "Yep! It's got an Animal frame, uhhh Animal forks.. Lots of Animal stuff..." I asked if I could see it and he brings it out and goes "Oh btw man I'm Nick, nice to meet ya." Goes to shake my hand & I'm like nope haha. Told him what was up & started naming the parts off and he's like "Uhh no it ain't stolen." I'm like flip it upside down, I bet you anything it says "BADOS206" so he does and goes "Uhh.. uh no it says UV0.." I cut him off and said "Wait hold on I'll name the rest for you" and did, and he looked like he was gonna shit his pants but goes "It ain't stolen, I built this 2 years ago." I pulled up facebook pics of me riding the frame, retiring it, and then building it up to what it is now and he's just shocked but still denies it. I'm like "Well I can stand here & keep bringing more proof up or I can just call the cops." He says it's impossible that it was stolen so I pull my phone out and he goes "Wait no man here just take it" but then his fuckin mom comes out defending him & shit and I explained what was up & he told her that he got it from someone back in "Uhhh.. uh uh..... uhhh March or April" already contradicting his story. So I was like well I'm getting a hold of the owner then we'll be back and told them if the bike goes missing, there's gonna be serious problems cause I have witnesses who saw the bike & shit. Later, I get a hold of Devin & he comes over and we get the bike back.. Then his dumbass causes a fuckin scene calling the mom a bitch & shit, I was trying to calm him down cause we got the bike back, so I walked away, they argued a little bit and he finally left. CSB but I'm pumped I got another friend's bike back, I'm like a bike detective haha. Luckily it wasn't spray painted either, looked untouched. Pics!!

Photo

Photo

|

8/4/2013 8:42 PM

Photo
|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

That's fucken awsome man good work

|

Glad you got it back buddy. Fuck kids that steal bikes, you usually never see them again. Bet your buddy was pumped.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/4/2013 8:51 PM

YES! I got a bloghogs csb! haha

but yeah he was pumped as hell! He calls me up and is like "BULLSHIT NO WAY NUH UH WHERE'S IT AT LET'S GO"

but yeah we got lucky, apparently the kid was trying to sell it for $150 too -______- idiot doesn't even know how good it was haha

|

8/4/2013 8:54 PM

Bloody great work man and you handled that perfect. have had my bike stolen twice and both times a friend has just stayed near by the guy till i showed you. i sorta like to handle it myself just incase the guy tried to fight my friend which i would feel bad about if he did get hurt

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/4/2013 8:56 PM

were any parts missing or in worse order than it had been in before it got knicked? hope you got it back with everything intact

|

8/4/2013 8:56 PM

I was hanging with my bro at a bar we where talking about how stoked he was when his older brother found the kid with his stolen bike 4 months later and got it back......it's a good feeling

|

8/4/2013 8:58 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Bloody great work man and you handled that perfect. have had my bike stolen twice and both times a friend has just stayed near by the guy till i showed you. i sorta like to handle it myself just incase the guy tried to fight my friend which i would feel bad about if he did get hurt

Thanks a lot!

I had people with me both times, when I called him out about it being stolen though and he kept denying it, he looked like he was either gonna shit himself or take a swing at me so my one friend comes up and is like "sooo are we gonna have to do this the hard way or.." and then he kinda backed down and kept saying it's impossible that it could be stolen. Fuckin idiot haha. Always good to have a group of people with you

|

8/4/2013 9:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I was hanging with my bro at a bar we where talking about how stoked he was when his older brother found the kid with his stolen bike 4 months later and got it back......it's a good feeling

it really is. last Summer I found this one kid's bike that got stolen nearly 3 years before we got it back. That dude was stoked as all hell cause he LOVED that bike haha

@Jamieispanda: nope, it was like untouched. Some weird orange stains on the chain though and the tires were really low but other than that, it was just how it was when I built it up for my friend

|

8/4/2013 9:01 PM

Nice man. I lol'd at "animal frame" fucking idiots. I don't see how kids can just take shit that isn't theirs and not even think about it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/4/2013 9:04 PM

That's really good when i got mine back on both time it was missing a seat and 1 spoke..what the hell hahaha
and i would like to have some friends with me if it happens again, had to turn into Mike V to get it back the second time. but grab work man, rally proud of you

|

8/4/2013 9:04 PM

Four wrote:

Nice man. I lol'd at "animal frame" fucking idiots. I don't see how kids can just take shit that isn't theirs and not even think about it.

lol animal does make frames.

|

8/4/2013 9:07 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

I mean apart from Skavenger as far as I know there are no animal frames.

|

8/4/2013 9:07 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

But they're called "Skavenger"

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/4/2013 9:18 PM

Animal actually has their own frames, they may only be prototypes still. Last time I was at the animal warehouse we were having races around the shop and games of bike, pretty sure Jared Washington was rocking one. They had a few laying around, looked gnarly. I'm riding a Skavenger el blanco currently, if they're anything like this ill be buying one.

|

8/4/2013 9:23 PM

wait is scavenger like the sister compony or the frame line that they have, so they will have scavenger xlt then pro and Expert

|

8/4/2013 9:26 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Animal actually has their own frames, they may only be prototypes still. Last time I was at the animal warehouse we were having races around the shop and games of bike, pretty sure Jared Washington was rocking one. They had a few laying around, looked gnarly. I'm riding a Skavenger el blanco currently, if they're anything like this ill be buying one.

That's interesting.. I wonder if Hamilton will be getting his own sig frame from them?

|

8/4/2013 9:26 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Ah cool, I never check up on bmx stuff and new parts lol. They must still be prototypes or something. Skavenger seems like a solid company but none of the frames have the geo I like : /

|

8/4/2013 9:28 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's interesting.. I wonder if Hamilton will be getting his own sig frame from them?

Pretty sure he'll have a sig frame. Not sure though.

|

8/4/2013 9:29 PM

Four wrote:

Ah cool, I never check up on bmx stuff and new parts lol. They must still be prototypes or something. Skavenger seems like a solid company but none of the frames have the geo I like : /

Yeah I don't think many people know, I doubt it's been posted. It's always good to try new setups. I usually like long back ends but this frame feels perfect to me. Probably the most dialed frame I've had to be honest

|

8/4/2013 9:34 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Yeah I don't think many people know, I doubt it's been posted. It's always good to try new setups. I usually like long back ends but this frame feels perfect to me. Probably the most dialed frame I've had to be honest

Yeah that's true, I had a Sunday Ian which has a 13.65 I think and it was pretty good. I ride a 13.25 now and like it 13 felt good too.

|