A few questions about the Cinema 777 rim

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2014 7:36 PM

The Cinema 777 rim is on sale on Dans at the moment if anyone is interested and I plan on purchasing one and running it in the back. It seems like a really great rim but I see that it's on a few stock front wheels as well, including the Cinema Tunsgsten wheel that I would like to buy as well. I am aware that a lot of people run the Cinema 777 in the rear but would it be okay to run it up front and in the back? I don't really see any problems with doing so but I want to make sure before I spend my money.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/5/2014 7:57 PM

It should be good. Isn't there a version called the 777AR that is even stronger or something?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/5/2014 7:59 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It should be good. Isn't there a version called the 777AR that is even stronger or something?

Yeah. Only on empire I believe. Comes in black.

|

7/5/2014 8:05 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Yeah. Only on empire I believe. Comes in black.

The AR is just a coating on the rim to make them withstand brakes better.

|

7/5/2014 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2014 8:11 PM

I'd say go ahead.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

7/5/2014 9:24 PM

Ive seen/heard about the spoke holes pulling out on them pretty easily. My friends had to be trued like once a month aswell. He threw his bike alot and landed sketchy, but he was also one of the lightest kids on the block.

Idunno, I don't really trust them. Wouldnt be my last choice though. Runaway Stay Strongs are on sale aswell, 6069 (30% stronger than 6061), cross lace, CNC'd sidewalls. Pretty nice. I love mine so far.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/5/2014 9:28 PM

I believe they were on my stock wheels, definitely not a bad choice

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/6/2014 1:44 AM

I am running them front and back. The front does the job pretty good, but the rear goes untrue frequently and its cracked. Id get it only for front.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

7/7/2014 9:59 AM

on my second pair in three years. last great! as with everything, it matters A LOT how clean of a rider you are.

|

7/7/2014 12:01 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/7/2014 12:20 PM

If it handles rear wheel action, there should be no reason at all it couldn't handle front wheel action.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura