A kewl story

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2015 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2015 6:12 PM

Soo many'a years ago, I posted this picture.
Photo

This picture is my buddy pre-death on my ole 2010 FBM Heathen V2. The double was part of this ever-lasting dirt track built by locals throughout the years who liked bmx. At that particular point, that double was pretty much made up of broken glass and whatever other garbage would help add mass to it. They were ridiculously run down, and only ridden by small children who's sisters or brothers were at a softball game (It's right next to the fields).

Now, years and years later where I work too much to the point I can only head down once a week and my thrill for bmx has settled down a lot. They finally redid the dirt track, fixed all the ramps at the skatepark, added some, AND even had a graffiti artist come in.. needless to say, it's fucking awesome. Jamie Bestwick was even at a jam there about a week ago or so. So bummed out it wasn't there when I first picked up bmx

Photo

Photo

, Photo

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2015 6:14 PM

Pic of the park and from the jam last week

Photo

Photo

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2015 8:43 PM

Those look so rad

|

9/16/2015 6:59 AM

That looks fun!

I've been wanting to ride some dirt lately.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/16/2015 11:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

That looks fun!

I've been wanting to ride some dirt lately.

It's so fun man, seriously. It literally makes me sad riding them that I didn't have badass trails like that when I was younger. Always dreamt of being the next chase hawk or tom dugan haha. It's just so cool that they're so public, and that the community here's developed such passion for them. It's crazy like EVERYONE maintains them and helps fix things up around the park. That's so awesome too see so much unity in such a small town, especially when it's for the sake of bicycles haha

|

9/16/2015 12:13 PM

Maybe instead of being bummed that you didn't have it as a kid, you should get stoked you have them now. Idk how old you are, but it's never too late to progress and get higher, faster, and gnarlier.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/16/2015 9:06 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Maybe instead of being bummed that you didn't have it as a kid, you should get stoked you have them now. Idk how old you are, ...more

Not really worth getting hurt anymore as far as going big aha. But I just pump around and air and I have the time of my fuckin' life. I've gone bigger in my life than those trails allow me too but they're just coordinated so well it flows together so perfect in comparison to the shitty half soft jumps my buddies and I would make in the strippins when we were younger. I could literally do circles around that track all day everyday haha

|

9/18/2015 8:12 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Maybe instead of being bummed that you didn't have it as a kid, you should get stoked you have them now. Idk how old you are, ...more

I think he means he was bummed he didn't have them when life was less complicated, and the occasional injury didn't take as long to recover from/cause as much issue with your job/income etc.

I see things and feel EXACTLY the same way. While you are correct that you are never too late to progress, age IS a factor. As you get older you will realize that it takes longer to get up from a crash, healing takes a bit longer, and when an injury can completely sideline your work/income/life, you decide it is better to just cruise and have fun over hucking it and risking injury. In high school if you get hurt you miss a few days, and then just deal with it, and not ride a while. Not a big deal. As an adult who's income is incredibly important, missing work for an injury can be devastating.

Now that I have a wife and son and am the sole provider for my family, getting hurt could DESTROY what we have. If I can't work we get put into a tough financial spot, lose some of our few luxuries like internet, and it would also put a huge strain on my wife, as depending on how I was hurt I would not be able to help take care of our son/really do anything.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura