ACE BMX (mailorder) Sucks!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2008 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:19 PM

So heres the deal, I place an order for a bunch of stuff mid august, basically everything for a bike but wheels, frame, fork, and bars. From their site it looks like ACE bmx has a awesome selection and good prices. So I place the order online...

If you buy over $200 worth of stuff the give you t-shirt from the brand you buy most, just have to add to your cart as free item. So i add free shirt and ask for S&M (cause I bought two s&m products) in any color but white.

I wait about three weeks and I haven't seen or heard anything so I call ACE BMX on a Thursday. The dude on the phone tells me one item was back ordered but it just came in so he'll ship it on Friday or Monday. I say ok.

So I finally get an e-mail saying it shipped on the following Thursday ( a week after I called, four weeks after ordering)

It finally arrives with about 40% of the stuff I ordered, stuff I didn't order, and missing the two most important/expensive pieces the cranks and pedals. Also the S&M shirt in any color but white turned out to be a white freemont shirt.

SO I call ace bmx and they acts like it's my fault for ordering the stuff and and they offer me alternatives I have no interest in. So i demand a refund for the stuff I did not receive, this was on Friday and I still haven't received that yet so I am about to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Also related, before all this I tried to order some custom wheels from ace bmx and the guy said he would just double check the parts were in stock and call me right back, and it would take them a week to make the wheels. Still ave not heard from them about the wheels.

So lesson learned, Dan's Comp delivered every thing I have ever ordered in about 4 days with free shipping, and made my custom wheels in one day not a week.

DON'T ORDER FROM ACE BMX!!!!

|

9/16/2008 7:51 PM

yea dans is the way to go

|

9/16/2008 7:54 PM

almost the same shit happened to me, i ordeerd like 5 things, i waited a week and it didnt ship so i called and they said 1 thing wasnt there so i cancelled all but 1 thing. i waited a week for that and it didnt come so i canceled all orders!!! never go ther e

|

9/16/2008 8:12 PM

Wow, I've never shopped there but always wanted to try it out. Guess I wont now.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

9/16/2008 8:15 PM

damn, ive never tried them, i stick with dans or albes.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

9/17/2008 12:39 AM

I just bought my frame there (2008 Bama) and it took almost two weeks for it to get to my house, then when I opened it, it wasnt the 2008 it was the 2007 and the headset that I bought was also not the one I ordered. They were both so close that I didn't even try to get the ones I order. I was afraid I would never get them anyways. I agree with you, NEVER buy from ACE.

|

"Party like you don't work, and work like you don't party."

9/17/2008 3:16 AM

I would say file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, that might get their attention to do a better job for those who still decide to order from them...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/17/2008 8:23 AM

dans albes and staff-bmx are the best sites to use and dans has the custum wheels pre built

|

9/17/2008 12:35 PM

yeah i ordered from there and it took so much time and they send me the wrong bottom brackey. danscomp all the way.

|

9/17/2008 1:00 PM

empire

|

blind eyes could look at me and see the truth

9/17/2008 1:10 PM

Dans, Albes or Empire...nothing else!

|

The things you own, end up owning you... -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

9/17/2008 3:42 PM

i ordered some northwest bars from them because they were only 50 bux

i mean they have some mad deals but it took 3 weeks for my shit to get to my house

|

i like.... stuff

9/28/2008 9:01 AM

wow man that sucks.. but at least you got a free shirt.. so wait did they even charge you for the other stuff you ordered? id be stoked if i got a free name brand t-shirt with my order even if it was white.. thats a pretty good fucking deal.. dont hate on every company, some companies seem to be scratchin and survivin.. not everyone is dans and can buy out the industry.

|

9/28/2008 12:11 PM

JamesWeston wrote:

wow man that sucks.. but at least you got a free shirt.. so wait did they even charge you for the other stuff you ordered? id ...more

are you trying to stick up for a shitty mailorder that gives people the wrong products? them not being able to buy out the industry doesnt justify sending people the wrong products.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

9/28/2008 3:43 PM

Yeah I ordered a stem and bars from revolutionbike.com once and they never came. I actually never even canceled the order. It just never came! It's been like a year and I've heard nothing from them.

|

11/2/2010 4:33 PM

i dont care that this is an old thread. The subrosa alameda is my favorite frame and it was discontinued. they said they had it so i ordered it on friday and today they gave me a call saying they dont have it in stock... wtf now i have to chose a different frame. if they dont have it they shouldent have a thing saying they do.

|

If its called a scooter frame does that mean i can take my bike to skateparks?

11/2/2010 4:38 PM

Source bmx, rad bmx, allans, evans, chain reaction, lifer, winstanleys.. we have a massive choice of reliable sites here in the uk lol there must be more than Dans and albes in america?

|

11/2/2010 4:38 PM

truck driver breh wrote:

i dont care that this is an old thread. The subrosa alameda is my favorite frame and it was discontinued. they said they had ...more

over 2 years old... you needed to bring it back for that?

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

11/2/2010 4:40 PM

Booshy wrote:

Source bmx, rad bmx, allans, evans, chain reaction, lifer, winstanleys.. we have a massive choice of reliable sites here in ...more

action village empire staff and a few others

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

11/2/2010 8:31 PM

dans is always the way to go
albes has some things that dans doesnt but way more bull shit
thanks for the primo forks albes
they look just like the colony ones i ordered just a different color
and completely different

|

2/16/2013 10:40 AM

man i wish i would have look up a lil info on ACE BMX b4 i placed a order wit them cock suckin mofucks they suck STAYAWAY FROM ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THEM 4REAL.

|

"Love the one you got, cause you might get run over or you might get shot"

2/16/2013 10:41 AM

Truth^

|

2/16/2013 10:50 AM

man 4real im pissed i kno i got rip it was just 60 bucks but dam got 2 the point they hang up on me every time i call. just tryin 2 look out for anyone who might think of ordering anything from them ... dont.

|

"Love the one you got, cause you might get run over or you might get shot"

2/16/2013 12:28 PM

ive heard from multiple people that that place is a scam artist type place

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/9/2013 5:36 PM

Ive ordered frames forks and rims. everything got here in a weeks time. i live in az? lol maybe they were happy when i orderd

|

8/9/2013 5:53 PM

EMPIRE!!! Tom the owner is one of the nicest dudes in BMX! The shit he has put up with from me over the last 7 or 8 years lol man had the patience of a saint!! His Wheel Builds are second to NONE like literally the best Wheels i have ever owned!

Dans Comp were pretty good i must admit, i ordered from them when Empire couldn't get some of the parts i wanted for quite some time. I emailed Dans & asked if they could keep them aside for me & they basically said no. They are a bit big time, less "family" owned, BMX Rider Owned style shop. But the shipping was great, i have to give them that.

Albes, Great Shop, Good Staff. I ordered my Tree Stem from them when Empire didn't have any in stock. It took TWO days to get from them to me in the UK. Yes TWO days. I don't know what the shipping would be like on a larger order but they were good!

UK wise.. Source & Custom Riders are pretty damned good but if you want REALLY good shops The Loot or 20Twenty. Jack who owns The Loot is a seriously awesome guy & Jay who helps run the shop is a funny guy, They messed up my order ONCE on a Tshirt, i phoned up spoke to Jay & the correct sized Tshirt was packaged up as i was on the phone. Mike @ 20Twenty is just amazing, will go out of his way to help you & get parts in for you. I would seriously order an entire bike from him & i plan on getting everything but my Wheelset from Mike @ 20Twenty & the Wheels are coming from The Loot smile

|

8/10/2013 6:54 AM

Dans is Fucking Shitty, buy your stuff from albes at least the people that work there actually ride

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/10/2013 7:32 AM

Empire or staff

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.