AK Tires vs Stevie Tires

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2018 4:30 PM

What tires should I get? Cult AK tires or Primo Stevie Churchill tires?

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

3/5/2018 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2018 4:47 PM

Neither.... don't buy into this fat tire trend... get something better, especially becasue you're younger, so maybe get a smaller skinnier tire like a 2.10 Fit FAF, it'll make your bike lighter amd you'll probably like the feel of skinnier tires anyways, big fat tires feel horrible...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/5/2018 5:05 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Neither.... don't buy into this fat tire trend... get something better, especially becasue you're younger, so maybe get a ...more

Ok, yeah my friend rides 2.4's and the feel slugish. Ill look for something else.

|

3/5/2018 5:13 PM

I had they AKs and they were pretty good. I still have them even though theyre not on my bike. I'd reccomend if your frame and fork could fit them otherwise look for something smaller. Currently on fly fuego 2.3's that measure to 2.5. Those are great too!

|

3/5/2018 6:56 PM

I used the promo Churchill tires. They were good but wear out really fast. Not worth it. After about a month you may as well just ride rims.

|

3/5/2018 10:49 PM

Any Maxxis tire. smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/5/2018 11:03 PM

FaF 2.25 is all you need!

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/6/2018 3:04 AM

GCBMX69 wrote:

FaF 2.25 is all you need!

This

|

3/6/2018 3:15 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

I had they AKs and they were pretty good. I still have them even though theyre not on my bike. I'd reccomend if your frame and ...more

I just ordered a set of those 2.35 fuegos!
Damn I hope they fit in my frame.

|

Hmmm

3/6/2018 7:27 AM

1.75 odyssey frequency g's.......you'll go way faster LMAO

|

It’s all bmx

3/6/2018 10:48 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Neither.... don't buy into this fat tire trend... get something better, especially becasue you're younger, so maybe get a ...more

I'd argue that 2.1s feel horrible and back when I used to run them, I had more punctures in a normal day of riding around than in a week on any 2.3-2.4 I've run except for the Odyssey Hawks.

The skinny tyre thing is a trend too; it's an anti-trend... wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/6/2018 11:04 AM

1.95 foldable maxxis grifters are the way to go

|

3/6/2018 11:08 AM

eskimojay wrote:

1.95 foldable maxxis grifters are the way to go

How to make case marks halfway down a lander... laughing

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/6/2018 11:38 AM

Odyssey Path Pro back. Mike Aitken front. Classic

|

3/6/2018 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 12:59 PM

Fatter tires protect your rims and spokes a bit. Provide more cushion and look mean IMO. I run 2.35 front and 2.25 rear on my main. Love it!

I have had some 2.4 that inflated to like 2.5 and they didnt feel the best mostly because they were thick, steel beaded tires compared to my thinner kevlar beaded mirages, but its all preference. smile

|

3/6/2018 11:57 AM

This place cracks me up. Any vs thread no one suggests one they just say something different.

|

3/6/2018 11:58 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I just ordered a set of those 2.35 fuegos!
Damn I hope they fit in my frame.

Got them beware they inflate to 2.5 2.3 is s myth

|

3/6/2018 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 12:09 PM

C win wrote:

This place cracks me up. Any vs thread no one suggests one they just say something different.

Threads typically follow the same line as the first reply. If you want to fuck a thread up, post something controversial as the first reply, then sit back and watch as the madness unfolds. laughing

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/6/2018 12:23 PM

C win wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Threads typically follow the same line as the first reply. If you want to fuck a thread up, post something controversial as ...more

Gun control for transgenders!

|

3/6/2018 12:59 PM

C win wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Threads typically follow the same line as the first reply. If you want to fuck a thread up, post something controversial as ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Lol. Saw that coming...

|

3/6/2018 1:33 PM

C win wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

No gun control for gays

|

3/6/2018 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 2:20 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I'd argue that 2.1s feel horrible and back when I used to run them, I had more punctures in a normal day of riding around than ...more

That's true, I don't like that skinny tires either, I like my 2.3s... bit the OP is like 10 years old I think, so fat tires will most likely feel like shit and be heavy for him....

So I just took his age as a factor...

|

3/6/2018 2:20 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol. Saw that coming...

LMAOlaughinggrin

|

3/6/2018 2:34 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

That's true, I don't like that skinny tires either, I like my 2.3s... bit the OP is like 10 years old I think, so fat tires ...more

The bike's weight won't matter too much until he starts spinning to and past 360 or doing tailwhips. Besides, he's more likely to learn manuals and the likes on fatter tyres(it's a little easier to balance).

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/11/2019 11:58 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I ride 2.45 and I love em. Even though they sluggish when u take big drops and sets it cushions your ankles and wrists so much better. I’m rode 2.2 for a while and switching over to 2.45 was awesome for me. To be honest it’s all your preference and the style u ride. If u ride street I would go to some fatter tires. If you ride park skinny tires.

|

1/11/2019 12:26 PM

Nein.

|

1/11/2019 12:33 PM

I went from 2.2 to 2.4 and noticed a huge difference in weight. I *KINDA* got used to it, in that its somewhat forced me to really commit and exert myself for tricks.

2.5 truly seems like it'd be overkill. That much rubber, a steel bead, and that much air...that's a lot of rotational weight.

My next set of tires will likely be 2.3.

If I were you, I'd go up only incrementally at first and see what feels good.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/11/2019 12:49 PM

& if you like to necro old posts, ride 4.5's all day long.

|