ALL terrain

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2014 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2014 10:51 AM

Gimme some frame options for an all terrain build. My bike is done, but it's mainly a street tech build(which i love) but i need to start flying properly. So what are some badass frames that'll work on everything. I know it's a preference thing and all, but fuckit.. this is vital, we talk about whatever the fuck.

Suggestions? (not just a frame, any parts or gear ratios you think would help for trails riding.. I'm sorta 'new' to this shit)

(besides S&M ATF lol)

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/9/2014 11:03 AM

Cs steadfast fbm frame? I was looking to run a 30t 10t ratio for my custom bike but couldn't find any 10t hubs.

I think I'ma go with 28t 9t but I'm not sure does anyone run it?

|

1/9/2014 11:06 AM

I run 30 9 it's awsome .......profiles come in ten tooth ......go with a Hoffman Lady Luck for an all terrain frame Ben hennon shreds all

|

1/9/2014 11:06 AM

28-30/9t gearing feels really good for trials helps with picking up more speed
i like alittle wider bars just because they feel alittle more stable and of course a longer back end. but since you want it for all terrain I'd think like 13.5-13.75 should be fine

As far as specific frames im not sure if it has a longer back end and lowish bb it'll be fine

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/9/2014 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2014 11:18 AM

28-9 seems to be the limit for me. I know some chumps that have run it.. seems fine. It's a bit harder to pedal but you accelerate quicker. I've had 33(or sumshit) to 11.. it felt great, but that was the past. Maybe I miss it? I LOVE FBM.. you're right Aav, I should look into them..

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/9/2014 3:29 PM

Frame I'd look at an FBM Orphan, BSD Beverage, Fit TD350 or S&M Credence MOD. Gear ratio, I like 27/9 28/9 or 29/9. Trails rule man so I hope you have some fun on them.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/9/2014 4:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2014 4:17 PM

Look into the bsd trailorpark, Dans has them on sale for 250, I have that frame and it feels nice to flow around on because of the mellow head tube and seattube angle

http://www.danscomp.com/saleproducts-FRAMES/211429/BSD_TrailOrPark_Frame_(Kriss_Kyle).html

|

1/9/2014 4:56 PM

bikect wrote:

Look into the bsd trailorpark, Dans has them on sale for 250, I have that frame and it feels nice to flow around on because of the mellow head tube and seattube angle

http://www.danscomp.com/saleproducts-FRAMES/211429/BSD_TrailOrPark_Frame_(Kriss_Kyle).html

This or the updated Passenger frame ! Both are sick but if you like street more and something a tad stronger get the Passenger

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/9/2014 6:27 PM

The best all around geo i can imagine..

75 hta, stable but capable of techy goodness
13.5-6" cs, stable and responsive, not a hassle to throw around
whatever toptube angle feels comfortable
11.6-7" bb height, stable but out of the way
8.25-5" st, stiff and easy to get over
28-30mm fork offset, stable and good for tech and nose tricks
2.2-25tires, fat and spongey without being sluggish
175mm cranks, stable but not a problem for street riding
3.0-3.4 gear ratio, youll appreciate the higher acceleration generally anywhere
A decent braking system! Whether it be straight cable or gyro.
49-50mm stem, stable but still gives a bit of room for nosetricks

Now heres an idea I had!
Shadow Captive forks (switches offsets)
Adjustable seat clamp
Frame with a good size drop out that goes from short to long (Ex. 13.3" slammed - 13.75)
TWO Odyssey Keychains, one sized for slammed, the other sized for your wheel sitting far back
Now you have a fully adjustable bike! You can ride trails and then spend 5mins to turn your bike into a tech machine and go ride street!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx