ARRRGH! Still can't decide!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/29/2016 6:24 AM

Still can't decide on a wheel set. It's the only thing I need to complete my bike. I'm thinking ribcages or 7ka's. But leaning more towards ribcages. I just can't seem to make a choice on hubs. If I go cassette it's either the Odyssey anti-gram, BSD back street pro, or the shadow btr 2. And I would keep the front hub the same brand as the back. Can anyone help me make a solid decision on which would be the better, stronger and more reliable choice?

|

2/29/2016 7:22 AM

You got only great options, you cannot really go wrong with either, personnally I would go for a set of ribcages with BSD hubs.

|

2/29/2016 11:38 AM

Francky wrote:

You got only great options, you cannot really go wrong with either, personnally I would go for a set of ribcages with BSD ...more

I agree with the solid choices.

Honestly flip a coin for the hub brand, and then the same for the rims.

Then you have solid wheels. Especially if they come in the color(s) you are aiming for.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/29/2016 11:56 AM

Ribcages to antigrams would be my personal choice

|

2/29/2016 2:08 PM

Ribcages for sure. They're cross laced for a stiffer wheel build.

|

2/29/2016 3:30 PM

Bsd with ribcages

|

3/1/2016 2:16 AM

BSD Pro hubs and Gsport Ribcage rims, front and rear. Kinda pricey, unless you wanna go down a bit and go for the original BSD hubs and Gsport Rollcage rims for a few $10's of savings.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/1/2016 6:19 AM

Cool thanks guys! Thinking I'll probably get the ribcages with the BSD pro's front and back. But what do think? Should I get Chrome or black hubs? This is what my bike will look like.Photo

|

3/1/2016 6:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2016 9:09 AM

My thought was black rims, black hubs, black spokes, and Chrome nipples with white wall tires.

|

3/1/2016 10:53 AM

g-fresh242 wrote:

My thought was black rims, black hubs, black spokes, and Chrome nipples with white wall tires.

id go polished rims but your choice dude. I'd go gsport-bsd aswell tbh, although all the hubs are basically the same aslong as you get the chromoly axle for the antigram. Looking like its gunna be a sweet build anyway! That a wtp scorpio? Just retired my wtp irish a few months after 3 years, they make great frames!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/1/2016 11:38 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

id go polished rims but your choice dude. I'd go gsport-bsd aswell tbh, although all the hubs are basically the same aslong as ...more

It's actually a 2015 WTP patron frame. I've got chrome bars and white walls for it too. Just didn't have them when I took the pic.

|

3/1/2016 5:43 PM

Francky wrote:

You got only great options, you cannot really go wrong with either, personnally I would go for a set of ribcages with BSD ...more

i would go for this settup as well

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/1/2016 6:23 PM

If I were you I would just get complete BSD wheels. Their new NASA rims are super similar to the ribcages, for about $15-20 less. Very quality design. I've been beating on mine for about a month or so now and like them much better than my previous Odyssey and Gsport rims.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/1/2016 6:33 PM

Chrome wheels would be sweet.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

3/2/2016 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2016 2:42 PM

I would go antigram to birdcage front and rear. Polished hubs, silver spokes. Black rims

OR just get odyssey A plus wheels. I'm running aerospace from and rear and love them

|

3/2/2016 3:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If I were you I would just get complete BSD wheels. Their new NASA rims are super similar to the ribcages, for about $15-20 ...more

Highly approving this .

|

3/4/2016 1:21 PM

All chrome, baby!

|

3/5/2016 5:09 AM

The chrome is going to be pretty evenly distributed. If youre set on white walls id say go all black wheelset. But if you plan on changing to black walls id say go chrome with the rims. Regardless it looks pretty sick already. Good luck on deciding!

|