Addictive shit

Related:
Create New Tag

4/22/2015 10:26 AM

Hey so i just need abit help on getting over a bad habit.

So ever since i started to ride bmx i always saw the older guys constantly smoking weed for the 1st year when i met them i always denied after awhile i tried it and saw what the whole hype was about.

I didn't like riding while being high at 1st but after a while i got used to it and then i started to get a crazy hype to ride whenever i smoked now i'm addicted to it every time i smoke and ride i just wanna do everything crazy and i gotta admit if feels so good adrenaline going through your body, your mind is clear from toughts and you just feel good.

But here's the problem i've started to abuse it abit too much i just realised this is my 2nd week every day smoking and riding like hell i don't mind the riding part but the fact that i have to smoke every time before riding just so i can get the hype is kinda sad.

So i was thinking to myself are there any other ways to get that hype without smoking any thoughts about it ?

|

failed again

4/22/2015 10:39 AM

eat a cliff bar wink

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/22/2015 10:43 AM

You need some help real help like a consular or an Intervention why would you ask this guy on here about getting help. You shouldn't have try it in the first place don't be a follower be a leader and say no to drugs have they tech that in school. Your friends is a bad influence. Get new friends to ride with music is the best way to get pump.

|

4/22/2015 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2015 11:09 AM

Only have 2 people left to ride with and both pretty much smoke with me always. And i really wanna get off weed but i just don't wanna end up like last year where i rode once every 3-5 months because it didn't bring me any joy at all i went to the park without smoking and was riding for 10 minutes and then just stood there thinking to myself why am i even riding anymore and as for the music it doesn't pump me up like it used to :-/ kinda regret trying it in the 1st place yeah.

|

failed again

4/22/2015 11:19 AM

Photo

|

4/22/2015 11:30 AM

Thats called a conditioned response. You started to smoke before you rode and when you were riding. Your brain now tells you (subconsciously) to ride when or after you smoke because you programmed you self to do that. Weed isn't addictive however, there is a difference between addiction and habit. Just stop smoking when you ride and you will break that habit. Obviously, if you need to be stoned to enjoy riding your bike get a new hobby. You obviously don't enjoy riding very much.

|

4/22/2015 11:35 AM

whatever you do don't try any hard drugs. if your this bad off just from weed then some really heavy shit would ruin your life. just slowly reduce the amount you smoke and maybe you just need a bigger rush when you ride. try jumping off some crazy shit or boostin mad air in a bowl/quarter.....maybe try riding something new, like if your a park rat maybe get into trail riding or something. i've had my fair share of quitting many substances and while it isn't easy it is doable you just have to be honest with yourself and be strong.

|

FIT // ODYESSEY // ANIMAL //

Best hip-hop playlist *(K)ILLuminati*

4/22/2015 11:51 AM

Nwewinit wrote:

Thats called a conditioned response. You started to smoke before you rode and when you were riding. Your brain now tells you ...more

i didn't need someone telling me that i should get a new hobby what i need is suggestions for alternatives to smoking

|

failed again

4/22/2015 12:52 PM

An alternative to smoking... Try edibles? Seriously though, you shouldn't need any kind of drug to enjoy life. Just try to wean yourself off the weed man. How much are you smoking a week?

|

4/22/2015 1:04 PM

well about 0.25-0.5 gram per day i know i don't need it but i just don't really get excited to ride when i'm sober

|

failed again

4/22/2015 1:05 PM

I don't really think anyone rides "better" when high, just putting this out there. I had friends that did that and really their riding was sloppier if any different. Nobody I know, with the exception of this crazy kid was ever high and did anything that impressive that they wouldn't have done if they weren't high.

I think you should just slow it all down gradually. Like every other day and eventually just get off it. Try Vape Pens or disposable E-cigs if you just need that feeling of smoke in your lungs and stuff. Then eventually you can stop.

I never got addicted to any of the Nicotene based things. Cigars, Cigs, Vape, etc. Everyone always went on these big tirades about how they're crazy addictive, and addiction is really avoidable with self control. Every now and then I'd smoke a cigar and only would I ever smoke cigarettes or something like that during super stressful times when riding isn't the answer to all my stress. Like at work and the supervisor keeps trying stupid shit with me and being a bitch, the thing that helps calm me down into NOT killing her is a few cigs and i feel better and have no problem with putting up with her. But that doesn't compel me to smoking 2 more the next day.

I don't ever smoke anymore really and have no desire to until my life gets really shitty basically.

So what it is is in your head dude. You have to get that out of there. Just stop and make yourself get past it. If you're having trouble riding with energy and stuff, just buy an energy drink which is legal. (idk Canadian laws, sorry) But really you shouldn't be doing any thing that could make you hallucinate while riding. Riding anything but sober is fucking scary and anyone who does it has to be a little nuts. I couldn't ever see myself riding with any alcohol in me ever just because it makes it scary as shit and nasty feeling.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/22/2015 1:06 PM

edasi6 wrote:

well about 0.25-0.5 gram per day i know i don't need it but i just don't really get excited to ride when i'm sober

Isn't marijuana crazy expensive in Canada?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/22/2015 1:08 PM

Huffing paint isn't as bad as you'd think.

|

4/22/2015 1:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2015 1:22 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Huffing paint isn't as bad as you'd think.

Some of Charlie's best work was done huffing paint.

|

4/22/2015 1:23 PM

Marijuana technically isn't addictive. It's all in your head, dude. You'll get over it.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/22/2015 1:42 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Marijuana technically isn't addictive. It's all in your head, dude. You'll get over it.

Been thinking the same for the past few months but it only seems to get worse

|

failed again

4/22/2015 1:44 PM

Stocksy wrote:

You develop a thc dependency. Aka an addiction. It is addictive, but not in the same way some other drugs are.

|

4/22/2015 2:12 PM

Stocksy wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

You develop a thc dependency. Aka an addiction. It is addictive, but not in the same way some other drugs are.

People fail to realize that often, psychological addiction can be much more powerful than physical addiction, you can't just snap out of it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/22/2015 2:13 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

Thats called a conditioned response. You started to smoke before you rode and when you were riding. Your brain now tells you ...more

Isn't this also pavlovian association? But instead of a bell ringing, a person saying to ride, and instead of a dog treat, the habit of smoking marijuana?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/22/2015 2:26 PM

edasi6 wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Why would it be ?

|

4/22/2015 2:37 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Isn't this also pavlovian association? But instead of a bell ringing, a person saying to ride, and instead of a dog treat, the ...more

Nailed it. Classical conditioning is how habits are formed, tricks are learned and why a new bike feels funny compared to an old bike. In short, because you got used to it, to the point where it becomes anticipated an expected.

|

4/22/2015 4:31 PM

If you have to be high to enjoy an activity, you don't really enjoy that activity

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

4/23/2015 3:05 AM

I guess i'm used to barspins and 450 they used to get me pumped up when sober i'm gonna try eating healthier and see if that helps me get the hype back when being sober

|

failed again

4/23/2015 3:42 AM

edasi6: I'm here today because I'm addicted..to marijuana.
Rehab patient: You in here 'cuz of marijuana?! Man, this is some BULLSHIT!
Bob Saget/Cocaine addict: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke.
Rehab patient: I seen him [do it]!
Bob Saget/Cocaine addict: Now that's an addiction, man. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?
edasi6: No, I can't say I have.
Bob Saget/Cocaine addict: I didn't think so.
Rehab patient: Boo this man!

|

4/23/2015 9:33 AM

just dont be a pussy. and dont smoke. its that easy

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/23/2015 9:58 AM

Photo
|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/23/2015 10:07 AM

Change the weed to something else? Do 10 pushups. Take care of "business", poop, whatever.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/23/2015 12:31 PM

edasi6 wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Why would it be ?

harder to grow it? I don't do it or buy it but It's already pricey here because there is a shit ton at this college. But i remember down in the south it wasn't as bad because people grew it outside more because of the hot climate.

|

4/24/2015 5:16 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

just dont be a pussy. and dont smoke. its that easy

This^^

It is that easy, I was addicted and smoked it everyday for three years, even stole to get my fix. I always wanted to quit but just couldn't commit to it. That was because I lacked discipline. From what you have said you lack discipline too. Just practice and learn discipline by slowly cutting down and then eventually stopping. Not because you have too but because you want and need too. Or if i were you because you barely smoke it just quit cold turkey , stop being a bitch and just commit. I quit after like the tenth time of trying to cut down and quit, but the last time i just told my self to sack up and fuck it off, and it's been 3 and a half years now.

If you don't quit soon, take it from personal experience and from watching most of my friends and their friends, you WILL get worse, every pothead does. You will start smoking more and more each day as your body starts building a tolerance for it. That not only takes a huge toll on your health but on your wallet too.

If all your friends want to do is smoke weed then you need to stop seeing them and do something else if you want to quit because it will not work if you are around it all the time. Every time you are presented with an opportunity to smoke you will tell yourself ''I'll stop doing it after this last time'' EVERY TIME!! Don't touch the shit it's poison, there is a reason it's illegal.

If you want some sort of alternative try a pre-workout powder, that shit will pump you up to get moving.

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

4/24/2015 5:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2015 5:23 AM

Oddity wrote:

edasi6: I'm here today because I'm addicted..to marijuana.
Rehab patient: You in here 'cuz of marijuana?! Man, this is some ...more

Weed is addictive, I used to break into houses and cars almost every night for it. Not proud, drugs fuck your head

Bob Saget is just a bitch

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...